Articles on Subliminal Persuasion
- Do Subliminal Audio Tapes Work?
- The theoretical potential for subliminal audio is not able to be established from the published scientific data at this time. Clearly, the published empirical data show that subliminal audio influence is either extremely weak or non-existent. And most...
- How and Why Does Subliminal Influence Work?
- We have an intuitive view of perception that is simple and compelling. We assume that energy from our environment tickles our sensory organs, which then just deliver it as images to the brain. The objects exist out in reality, so we see them. Then we think...
- Is Subliminal Influence a Threat?
- Potentially, yes, subliminal influence of various kinds could represent some sort of social threat. It isn't likely that people could be turned into automatons by subliminal influence, but it is arguable that we are already greatly, even unfairly, being...
- Is Subliminal Influence Used in Advertising?
- If we use the term subliminal in the way that it is commonly used, to mean any sort of hidden message, then yes, advertisers do frequently hide their message. This might even be considered a standard advertising practice. Advertising agencies are paid to...
- Subliminal Persuasion: Overview
- Since the 1950's, there has been enormous public concern over hidden messages in art, music, and advertising. Subliminal self-help tapes are a multi-billion dollar industry. Yet many psychologists claim that subliminal influence consists at best of...
- Subliminal Persuasion: References
- (1957). " Persuaders' Get Deeply 'Hidden' Tool: Subliminal Projection " Advertising Age , Vol 37, page 127, September 16, 1957. Benes, Kathryn M.., Gutkin, Terry B., Decker, T. Newell, (1990) "The effects of mellow and frenetic music on...
- What is Subliminal Influence?
- The term subliminal is technically archaic , though it is still in common use. The problem is that it is hopelessly bound to the concept of a well-defined sensory threshold, a concept made obsolete by the introduction of signal detection theory into...
- Why are some experts skeptical about subliminal influence?
- There was once a legitimate scientific controversy over whether subliminal perception really occurs or not. The question was whether someone can perceive something unconsciously. All kinds of experiments were performed to try to prove that we were...
Subliminal Persuasion is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- How to listen better
- Poignant writing until your not so subliminal slant ..."it's evident every time someone settles a difference with a gun instead of conversation." As if no other means of violence has settled a difference.
- Ces musulmans laÃ¯ques qu'il faut soutenir
- Superbe chronique, ce lundi dans Libération, de l'écrivaine franco-tunisienne Fawzia Zouari, en défense de Kamel Daoud. Le romancier algérien a annoncé qu'il renonçait à poursuivre une carrière dans le journalisme, après avoir essuyé les critiques ...
- Blair's frail legacy shows why Labour must win arguments as well as votes
- In place of persuasion, both sides are aiming for destruction.
- Turn the Gospel Loose
- Leadership: Is persuasion an honorable endeavor, or is it just a fancy term for trickery? Hoffmann: Certainly it's ... They sense it right away—maybe in the words themselves, or in the tone of voice, or in subliminal impressions.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesfaery wicca
australian aboriginal mythology
dream dictionary ten
dream dictionary sausage
davidson college famous alumni