Articles on Christianity & Paganism
- A Germanic Pagan Looks at the Ten Commandments
- Once, the Ten Commandments were by law posted in schoolrooms in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky and other places around the USA. Now, efforts are being made to post them here and elsewhere. Most folks in these parts seem to think that's a great idea....
- A Solstice Spell To Consecrate
- This is a chant derived from very early Syrian Christians and reworked to be a consecration and charging chant for a jar of honey that I use as a prime ingredient some of my medicines. An Evocation of the Sun to empower a substance (in this case a jar of...
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
- Am I Damned?: Part 2
- CAVEAT: It is impossible to answer a "theological" question simply and correctly at the same time. The reason for this is the fact that the theological arena involves reality not only beyond our capacity to adequately express, but even beyond that,...
- Divinity: Thought We are Many, Are We One?
- Dear Questioner, You asked if there was such a thing as Christian Wicca. The simple answer is, of course there is! The tradition of communing with all the lovely fellow spirits in this cosmos goes way back beyond apostolic times. Didn't the Magi (plural for...
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
- Samhain: Summonings, Conjurations, Invocations - Why Bother?
- With the approach of Samhain, Halloween, All Soul's Day, and "the Day of the Dead" (all related festivals), I've heard several folks declare that they are going to ignore the main focus of the party. They aren't going to bother the spirits, but...
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- According to the writings of the monk, the seven sins were: gastrimargia; porneia; philargyria; lupē: orgē; akedia; kenodoxia; and hyperephania which when translated to Latin for Roman Catholicism are as follows:
- Voodoo Rituals
- Voodoo rituals and beliefs recognize that there is one supreme being who created the earth and the universe much like the Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam belief that there is only one supreme God.
Christianity & Paganism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Pagan Traces in Syriac Christian Onomastica
- Although. Syriac sources draw a picture in which paganism vanished with the advent of Christianity, several pre-.
- Pagan Christianity?
- Scripture versions marked WEB are taken from the World English Bible. Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data. Viola, Frank.
Suggested News Resources
- Paganism and the Decline of “Religion”
- Pagans, nature-worshipers, and the “spiritual but not religious” demographics will still have to deal with increasingly polarized mainstream religions fearful of a post-Christian future.
- Just Because You're Paranoid, Don't Mean They're Not After You
- I think that this mentality is harmful to Paganism. It makes us just as bad as Bachmann or Perry. It's doing the same thing they are doing to us.
- From Hussein Saddique, CNN
- cure is not getting to those who need it. If you have a Muslim friend, send him a copy and help save the world. Analogous steps are available at your request for deprogramming the myths of Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Paganism..
- Pomona Author Publishes New Book
- Why does the church oppose paganism, yet covertly adhere to many pagan rituals? More importantly, how can a peace-loving God justify thousands of years of slaughter in the Holy Land?
- Pagan Pride Day set for Saturday
- Ásatrú (Old Norse for “belief in the gods”) was practiced on a large scale for thousands of years throughout Europe before the rise of Christianity, according to the Ásatrú Alliance, which is one of four major national Ásatrú organizations.
Suggested Web Resources
- Christianity and Paganism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This article provides an overview of the relations between Christianity and its adherents vs pagan religions and their adherents from the early Christian era.
- Pagan symbols adopted by Christianity
- Paganism has a wider influence on our lives than we might care to think.
- Pagan Christianity ~ By Frank Viola & George Barna
- In January 2008, Pagan Christianity rocked the Christian world.
- Was Christianity influenced by paganism? - About-Jesus.org
- Oct 29, 2006 Are there pagan deities who died and were resurrected?
- Amazon.com: Pagan Christianity?: Exploring the Roots of Our
- Have you ever wondered why we Christians do what we do for church every Sunday morning? Why do we “dress up” for church?
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesaranmula vallam kali
256x224 to 640x480
dream interpretation face
nhl entry draft c form
waveguide principles of operation
mole skink the bluetail mole skink