Articles on The Minor Arcana
- The Ace of Swords: Seizing the Power of Discernment
- "For the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 KJV I have...
- The Meaning of the Tarot Suit of Cups
- The tarot suit of cups is also known as the suit of cauldrons, vessels or hearts, depending on the deck. Cups represent the element water. Pictures of full or empty goblets or cups often adorn these cards. Cups represent emotions, psychic and intuitive arts,...
- The Meaning of the Tarot Suit of Disks
- The tarot suit of disks is also known as the suit of pentacles, coins, or diamonds, depending on the deck. Disks represent the element earth and are often depicted as money, crafts ir fruit (i.e. the fruits of your labor). Disks indicate a concern with money,...
- The Meaning of the Tarot Suit of Swords
- The tarot suit of swords is also known as the suit of blades or spades, depending on the deck. Swords represent the element air. They represent your mental, rational, logical functions, also communication and thought. Swords are indicative of a struggle or...
- The Meaning of the Tarot Suit of Wands
- The tarot suit of wands is also known as the suit of rods, batons, staffs or clubs, depending on the deck. Wands represent the element fire. Pictures of burning objects often adorn these cards. Wands represent growth, virility, creativity, self-development,...
- The Suit of Cups: Tarot Card Meanings
- 1 ACE OF CUPS Meaning: Beauty and pleasure, fullness, goodness, fertility, productiveness. Reversed: Erosion, sterility, clouded joy, false heart. 2 OF CUPS - Love Meaning: The unity of male and female in the broadest sense: can be inner harmony, can be...
- The Suit of Disks/Pentacles: Tarot Card Meanings
- ACE OF DISKS Meaning: Materiality in all senses. Contentment with what you have reached: power, labor, wealth. Material gain. Attainment. Reversed: Prosperity without happiness. Greed. Fool's gold. 2 OF DISKS - Change Meaning: Alteration of gain and loss,...
- The Suit of Swords: Tarot Card Meanings
- ACE OF SWORDS Meaning: Clarity of mind, great determination. Conquest. Victory without doubt. Reversed: Tyranny, embarrassment, hindrance, obstacle, self-destruction. 2 OF SWORDS - Peace Meaning: Balanced force. Concord. Solving differences of opinion....
- The Suit of Wands: Tarot Card Meanings
- 1 ACE OF WANDS Meaning: Creative flame, creative inspiration to new actions, energy, force. Start of an undertaking. Beginning. Enterprise. Reversed: False start, cancellation of plans. 2 OF WANDS - Dominion Meaning: Willpower, will and courage in...
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
The Minor Arcana is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Making the Tarot Literary Again
- There are seventy-eight cards in a tarot deck: twenty-two trump cards (the Major Arcana), plus four suits (Minor Arcana), each with a set of ten pips and four face cards. The earliest known decks date to the fifteenth century and were used for games.
- Hamtramck Music Festival: More than 200 acts think local
- Singer-songwriter Willa Rae Adamo leads the Minor Arcana ensemble but also volunteers with educational non-profit Girls Rock Detroit, fostering encouragement for young girls interested in live performance and musical expression.
- Fool's Journey: The Language of Numbers in the Minor Arcana
- Tarot is a system. This is one of the key things that sets it apart from other forms of cartomancy (card-based divination), such as oracle decks.
- Sperryville's Cara Cutro: Teaching the tarot
- “Classic Tarot” she says, “are decks comprised of 78 cards, divided into a Major Arcana (22 cards) and Minor Arcana (56 cards).
- A love song playlist for Valentine's Day
- Willa Rae (singer-guitarist with the Minor Arcana). • Carmel Liburdi, “Love That Kills”: Love takes many forms, and we're lucky to have people like Carmel around to shed her light of humanity onto even the darkest corners of love.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesopal synthetic opal
requiem other requiem composers
richard feynman education
fist of the north star gento kou ken
process of creation