Articles on Archaeology
- Human Evolution
- The first hominids evolved some 3 or 4 million years ago, and so we have only limited means of determining how they evolved. Although human evolution is an important phase of the history of religion, the evolution of humans in itself is more a matter of...
Archaeology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Israeli Archaeologists Discover 1600-Year-Old Winery
- “The archaeological finds discovered here help paint a living, vibrant and dynamic picture of Jerusalem as it was in ancient times up until the modern era.” According to Dr. Wiegmann and his colleagues, the winery was built about 1,600 years ago.
- Archaeologists discover ancient Anglo-Saxon island in UK countryside
- Experts in the U.K. have discovered the remains of an Anglo-Saxon island, which they are touting as a site of huge archaeological importance.
- Processing Food May Have Helped Humans Evolve
- CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS—A new study suggests that slicing, pounding, and eventually cooking meats and vegetables reduced the effort it took to chew them and the number of chews required per day by early humans. “Meat has a lot of nutrients, but ...
- Archaeology's Information Revolution
- Archaeology, as a way of examining the material world, has always required a certain deftness in scale.
- Old Independence Regional Museum hosts Archaeology Week
- BATESVILLE — Old Independence Regional Museum will celebrate Archaeology Week March 13-19 with a program, homeschool day, free school tours, and Spring Family Day. All Archaeology Week events are funded in part by the Bill Jordan Public ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesqing dynasty
olfactory bulb evolution
sucralose packaging and storage
evan bayh early life
radioactive waste sources of waste