Articles on Legend and Prehistory
- There are fragments of the 'Atlantis' legend in almost every culture around the world. This suggests, but does not prove, that the legend is based on a very ancient truth that was known by the forebears of each of these cultures. Our main source of...
- Irish Myth Cycles
- The myths and legends of a people are central to it's religion. It is from these stories that we derive our attitudes towards people and nature, and understand our deities. The famous and infamous deeds of a people's past, human and divine, provide a sense of...
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
- Shapeshifting in Celtic Myth
- The theme of shapeshifting is found in Celtic myth regardless of the specific country one invesigates. Thoughout my studies of Celtic lore I have found that there were very specific reasons or circumstances for shapeshifting. These reasons fall into at least...
- St. Patrick
- The arrival in Antrim of a young Caledonian slave named Succat would hardly seem worthy of historical note, but that slave became St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland and the person responsible for opening the land to Christianity. Patrick began by converting...
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Legend and Prehistory is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A.D. 1680 and Rapa Nui Prehistory
- Jan 8, 2011 Third, ethnohistoric legends recounted a major war that occurred in prehistory. Based on these assumptions and notions of the a.d.
- A history of prehistory in Greater London and beyond
- J. Clark 'New Troy to Lake Village: the legend of prehistoric London' London Archaeol, 4 no. 11 (1983) 292.
- Prehistory of L _
- Do not climb on prehistoric walls or into excavated rooms at Rattlesnake Interpreting the Prehistory of Lyman Lake State . 'Well, that's tradition, that's legend'.
- Corrections to "Some Aspects of Kitanemuk Prehistory"
- My article, "Some Aspects of Kitanemuk Prehistory," published in the last issue of the Journal contains two errors. The legend in Fig.
- The Osirian Legend
- Some Historical Background Of The Osirian Myth. The Land and its People.
Suggested News Resources
- Fascinated by folklore
- There is 'Sacred Places –Prehistory and Popular Imagination'. Most delightful of all, there is 'Good Gargoyle Guide – Medieval Carvings of Leicestershire and Rutland'. His roster of authors and their titles is equally intriguing.
Suggested Web Resources
- Elfinspell: Chapter II, Prehistory, Myth and Legend, from An
- Shotwell, James T.
- Irish History Articles - Prehistory, Myth and Legend by Dr. Samuel
- Prehistory, Myth and Legend. Around 6000 BCE the first people settled in Ireland following the receding of European glaciers.
- Chinese Prehistory, Prehistoric Times, Primitive Society
- As for civilization during the Prehistoric Times, myths and legends were the main content.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesgec-plessey telecommunications
list of zoids u
m g ramachandran
swimming pool other uses
crucifixion roman empire