Articles on Religions
- Aspects of Religion: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- Among early Pagans, religion was a fact taken for granted, "requiring no explanation." There was no need to define religion because religion was a part of each persons being. "We have not yet encountered in Egyptian and Babylonian literature a...
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
- Bibles Do Not Equal Wisdom
- Bibles do not equal wisdom. In other words, all forms of spiritual text no matter how eloquently stated, cannot actually grant wisdom to the reader, merely through the act of reading. Words are only the representations of things, but not the things themselves....
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 2
- Now the point of any study of how much we share in our search for the Deity must be in what shared behaviors should we expect? For the purposes of the community of A Mystical Grove, this must be in how we revere and cherish Nature in all its manifold...
- Namaste - Meaning and Usage
- The term Namaste is commonly used within new-age, yoga and reiki circles. It is a respectful greeting, both as a welcome and a saying good-bye. This Sanskrit word was brought to the western world by spiritual seekers in India and Nepal. I’m sure it has become...
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
- The Fundamentalist's Problem
- One of the most frustrating things for a person who does not subscribe to a fundamentalist way of thinking is that having an open and expansive conversation about spirituality and God with a fundamentalist personality is virtually impossible, if possible at...
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
- What Is The New Age?
- The New Age movement means different things to different people. However, I feel that most all New Age topics have one basic underlying theme. That theme is personal spiritual development. Every day there are thousands upon thousands of people around the...
- You Have The Power: A Defense For Christians Doing Magick
- Recently, Pope John Paul II created a flap when he pronounced, when speaking to some visiting group, that we needed to remember that God includes both genders, and that the feminine aspect of the Deity was as important as the masculine aspect which has become,...
Religions is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- U.S. Religious Landscape Survey Religious Beliefs and Practices
- impartial information on issues at the intersection of religion and public affairs. Visit religions.pewforum.
- Introduction to World Religions
- 1. Introduction to World Religions. Fact Sheet 2008.
Suggested News Resources
- Nashville Religion Calendar
- The Baha'is of Brentwood invite mothers from all religions to join together in prayer for our children and our world. Light refreshments provided. Location varies.
- Religions, like all living things, evolve
- That religions evolve, and acknowledging that they do so does not weaken the claim that they are the true and eternal will of God, as many believers claim about their chosen tradition.
- Test of faith
- For more than a decade, Wellesley Middle School has been an outlier among the country's public school systems because it requires sixth-graders to study the world's religions for a full semester.
- The Role of Fear and Guilt in Religion
- This example is an entry into looking at the role of fear and guilt in religion. Rationally, to deal with the dissonance in the example above, one must be willing to be open-minded and to go where the facts leads.
Suggested Web Resources
- Religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and worldviews that establishes symbols that relate humanity to spirituality and moral values.
- List of religions and spiritual traditions - Wikipedia, the free
- List of religions and spiritual traditions.
- Religion, World Religions, Comparative Religion - Just the facts on
- Religion facts, objective guide to world religions, comparative religion charts. Start your research on world religions here.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbarong tagalog
ray bradbury short story collections
hindus death ceremony
jacques de molay quotes
safer safer and safer