Articles on Paganism & Wicca
- A Basic View of Paganism or Bambi Pagansim
- "You people are all so nice! I like the idea of Paganism, but I don't think I could be that nice all the time." The writer was genuinely perplexed and driven to ask me if it is really possible that Pagans, Witches and Wiccans really lived such...
- All One People
- Standing in their Circle, a group of people reverently turn to face and address the four directions. They call to their Great Mother and Great Father, giving thanks for their many gifts. The Circle is blessed with sweet smoke from sacred herbs and becomes a...
- An Earth Religion?
- A Circle of people stand in the midst of a beautiful green field, tightly and joyously hand-in-hand. A small bonfire burns gently in the center of their Circle, sending its warmth and light all about. The Circle of people dance round the flame, singing and...
- Aspects of Religion: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- Among early Pagans, religion was a fact taken for granted, "requiring no explanation." There was no need to define religion because religion was a part of each persons being. "We have not yet encountered in Egyptian and Babylonian literature a...
- Building Shadows: A Witch
- A witch's Book of Shadows. That mysterious Grimoire that holds all the information a witch will ever need, a volume of all the spells ever written, the magic of the ages bound together with paper and ink…. Poppycock. It is not some ancient arcane book that...
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
- How to find a Coven or Group
- If you are looking for a group then going out and meeting people and talking, asking questions and showing your intent of finding a group are the most important steps. If you stay at home and never mingle with other people then don't expect anything to happen....
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
- Pagan Festivals
- There are eight major pagan festivals celebrated by Wiccans and other pagans. Yes, just like other religions, they have a set of religious festivals that they observe and celebrate.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
- Pagan Sexuality and Sexual Freedom
- Old Traditions Live Today! Pagans like me who believe in, talk about and practice sexual freedom are protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. As individuals, and as Americans, we pagans have the freedom to choose the manner in which we...
- Principles of Wiccan Belief
- In the spring Witchmeet held April 1974 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, The Councel of American Witches adopted this statement entitled "The Principles of Wiccan Belief." The statement was created in hopes to bring awareness to the general public as well...
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
- The Charge of the God
- Listen to the words of the God, who is son, brother, lover and consort of the Lady: I am the fleet deer in the forest, I am the beach which receives the waves. I am the sun which warms the earth. I am the Lord of the Spiral Dance of Life, Death and Rebirth,...
- The Charge of the Goddess
- Listen to the words of the Great Mother, who of old was called Artemis, Astarte, Dione, Melusine, Aphrodite, Ceridwen, Diana, Arionrhod, Brigid, and by many other names: "Whenever you have need of anything, once in the month, and better it be when the...
- The First Congregational Church of Wicca
- Witchcraft is a religion of field and grove, river and stream. In coven or individually, we perform rituals to renew our connections with the Goddess and God. However, what suits one may not answer the needs of another. This need is being satisfied by a new...
- The Goddess
- Although often depicted as a woman, she is none, and she is all of them. "I am every woman!" And every woman is the Goddess. She is the mystery of the life-giving and life-taking rhythm of nature, the great void and well of endless possibilities....
- The Moon Phases
- The Four Moon Phases The New Moon: It is when there is no Moon in the sky. Spells for the New Moon can be performed three days before and after the actual New Moon. These spells symbolize changes in your life. The Waxing Moon: It is when the Moon is getting a...
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
- The Theban Alphabet
- The Theban alphabet is used widely by Traditional Wiccans both ritually, and in their books of shadows. The first published reference to it is in Francis Barrett's The Magus , published at London in 1801. It is reputed to have been invented by Honorius of...
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
- What are the names for the thirteen moons of the year?
- There are thirteen Lunar months in the year, the Full Moon is near the mid point of the Lunar Month. The Lunar Moons listed here may not always occur as given because the first New Moon of a new Lunar Year may not coincide with the first day of the first...
- What is the Five-fold Kiss?
- FIVE FOLD KISS FEMALE The High Priest kneels before the High Priestess and gives her the Five-Fold Kiss; that is, he kisses her on both feet, both knees, womb, both breasts, and the lips, starting with the right of each pair. He says, as he does this: "Bl...
- Wicca: It's Traditions and Concepts
- What is Wicca? | Wiccan Traditions | Wiccan Concepts What is Wicca? 'An it Harm None, Do what Thou Will' shall be the whole of the law. It's the rede that most Wiccan witches around the world bind themselves to. What exactly is Wicca? It's a religion based on...
- Wiccan Mysteries
- My best friend asked, "So explain this Wiccan Mystery to me about drums". Now I have never equated the term Wiccan Mystery and drums together before. I have been working on some Mysteries this week, coincidentally. Actually, some of the God...
Paganism & Wicca is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Neo-Paganism - The Divine In All Creation
- or a living room for modern Wiccans and Neo-Pagans.
- "Pagan and Wiccan Practices" (Or: "What is
- Title: Understanding and Counseling Neo-Pagan and Wiccan Clients. ( Alternative Title: What is What are Neo-Paganism and Wicca?
- Overview And Guide for Wiccans In the Military
- NEO-PAGANISM AND WICCA........................................................................................... . 3.
Suggested News Resources
- Roy Exum: My New Pagan Friends
- Strangely, I embrace those who teach me as my friends and after I wrote how ridiculous it was for Vanderbilt to put Pagan/Wiccan holidays on the university calendar, I was immediately deluged with many emails. So first I need to apologize.
- Wiccan days included on Tenn. university calendar
- The faith listed next to four of the days on the calendar is "Wicca/Pagan." Wicca, whose believers are called Wiccans or witches, is just one form of paganism, an umbrella term for beliefs in multiple gods and goddesses.
- Daughter of Eve Q&A: Black Witch
- I'm Pagan because it's the best choice for me. Wicca is too structured and a little isolated for me, surprisingly, and with Paganism, I'm allowed the freedom to choose to work either with deities or with nature itself without the labels.
- Pagan Community Notes: Vivianne Crowley, Odroerir Journal, Sacred Harvest
- He's not talking about Wiccans, Pagans, Satanists, etc.
- Pagan Pride Day set for Saturday
- “(Paganism) covers a lot of religions that they would be familiar with, but just don't realize that everything is lumped under one name.” Buddhist, Daoist/Taoist, Wiccan, Eckankar and Unitarian Universalist groups have been invited to the event.
Suggested Web Resources
- Wicca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Wicca (pronounced /ˈwɪkə/), also known as Pagan Witchcraft, is a Pagan new religious movement.
- Witchcraft, Wicca and Paganism FAQ
- Understanding the various forms of Wicca, Witchcraft and Paganism.
- What is Wicca, Witchcraft and Paganism?
- Wicca is a very peaceful, harmonious and balanced way of life.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesscuderia ferrari history
shakuhachi interesting facts
power hour variations
compton california demographics