A Ritual for Mabon
Paula & Gordon Ireland Proprietors
Earth Spirit Emporium: Books & Stuff
"Where Olde Traditions meet the New Age"
As Mabon is a time of giving thanks there are several suggested
rituals. The first involves those more fortunate helping out those
less fortunate. This can involve helping out at a shelter,
volunteering at a hospital or working for the Homes for Humanity
project. There are many more ways to help; the point is to give to
those who can't help themselves. It may also involve teaching them a
skill (reading and writing) to helping them find a job.
A more formal ritual involves candles, a meal and being surrounded by
those who love you and those whom you love. It is actually a very
simple ceremony, after opening up the circle around the table, the
Leader starts by reciting the following and passing on the flame to
light the candles stationed on each of the corners. Pass flame
clockwise. As each person receives the flame to light their candle
they also recite a section of the blessing, until the flame returns
the flame, the leader then close the circle and all eat and enjoy the
harvest as it is meant to be enjoyed. The recommend blessing is the
Charge of the Goddess.
Hear ye the words of the Star Goddess;
She in the dust of whose feet are the hosts of heaven,
and whose body encircles the universe:
I who am the beauty of the green earth,
and the white moon among the stars,
and the mystery of the waters,
call unto they soul:
Arise, and come unto me.
For I am the soul of nature,
who gives life to the universe.
From Me all things proceed, and unto Me all things must return;
and before My face, beloved of gods and of men,
let thine innermost divine self be enfolded in the rapture of the
Let My worship be within the heart that rejoices;
for behold, all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals.
And therefore let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion,
honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.
And thou who thinkest to seek Me,
Know that thy seeking and yearning shall avail thee not,
unless thou knowest the Mystery:
that if that which thou seekest thou findest not within thee,
thou wilt never find it without.
For behold, I have been with thee from the beginning;
And I am that which is attained at the end of desire.
And so Mote it be!
Suggested Pdf Resources
- MABON or AUTUMN EQUINOX
- The standard Wiccan Mabon ritual, if there is such a thing, emphasizes the autumnal harvest and fall colors.
- Magical Mountain Mabon 2011
- We will have a scheduled “Introduction to Mabon” where all Guides and Novices will gather to discuss etiquette, camp and fire safety and ritual expectations.
- Mabon 2008.pub
- Mabon Ritual. • Mabon Recipes. Mabon - Autumn Equinox.
- TAWN's History
- dance, the Mabon rite, and a pot-luck community feast. There was no public Samhain, but the Yule ritual was hosted by Amber Moon Coven at 11:30. a.
- BAPAN Litha 03
- Sep 13, 2003 Wiccan Mabon Ritual, South Bay. South Bay Circles, Palo Alto. Call 408-265- 5180 or 408-730-9622.
Suggested News Resources
- Is Wicca a Christian Heresy?
- Yule is Christmas, Ostara is Easter, Lughnasadh is Lammas, Imbolc is Candlemas, Mabon is Michaelmas, Beltane is Pentecost and Samhain is All Souls.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mabon Ritual
- Mabon Ritual of the Second Harvest. Autumn Equinox Before the day of ritual take a small branch from the garden, or a fallen one found locally.
- Wiccan Sabbats, Pagan and Witchcraft Holidays., Mabon Ritual
- Mabon Ritual Autumn Equinox, 2nd Harvest, September 21st.
- Mabon Rituals
- Mabon Ritual. For this ritual you will need an apple and a chalice of wine or juice. Grape or apple juices are excellent choices if you cannot drink alcohol.
- Mabon Ritual. 09-23-2000 by: Melissa (Salamander). Reprinted here with permission.
Related searchesenergy flow balancing
mighty morphin power rangers synopsis
masturbation masturbation frequency
malaysian idol season 2
chesapeake leopard affair