brought to you by the Children of Ra Temple
The most important thing to remember about the use of ritual tools is this: the tools are unimportant -- we have all we need to make magic: our bodies, our breath, our voices, each other.
However, ritual tools can be useful to remind your subconscious that you are in a different place -- a place between the worlds -- when you are working ritual magic. They can also be used to direct energy. Some of the more traditional Wiccan tools and their correspondences are:
|Tool||Element||Direction||Sphere of influence|
|Wand (or Blade, depending on tradition)|
Censer (Incense burner)
|Air||East||Mind, intellect, ideas, abstract learning, theory, dawn, spring, wind and breath|
|Blade (or Wand, depending on tradition)|
|Fire||South||Creative energy, courage, healing and destroying, willpower, noon, summer|
|Cup||Water||West||Emotions, daring, the unconscious, intuition, twilight, autumn|
|Earth||North||Material gain, the body, health, money, birth and death, midnight, winter|
|Cauldron||Spirit||Center||"Soul", spirituality, transformation, change, transcendence, immanence|
|Broom||Spirit||Circumference||Purification and protection - used to psychically cleanse an area or to guard a home by laying it across an entryway|
|Bell||Spirit||Circle||Purification - used to psychically cleanse ritual areas and personal energy fields|
This table is a combination of what I was taught and what works for me. Feel free to embellish, rearrange or completely ignore this system. Native Americans use a six-direction system; the Norse used nine, including their home realm of Midgard. To be effective, ritual must speak to you personally, and ineffective ritual kills spirituality.
A particularly important ritual tool in the Church of Amazement is music. Weve used everything from a simple percussion circle to a highly orchestrated chant CD with 15 harmonizing vocalists to create our aural magic. Music tends to increase personal involvement in the ritual and produces freer flowing energy. A list of commonly used songs and chants and a selection of pre-recorded ritual music appear later in this book.
Music can be used prior to a ritual to set the mood; during, to create sacred space, as an invocation and offering to Deity, and to raise energy; and afterwards in celebration, as well as a gentle return to normal space.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Chapter Five Ritual Construction and Tools
- Chapter Five. Ritual Construction and Tools. The Cosmic Connection: Ritual Its Need and Purpose.
- Samhain Ritual
- Normally used ritual tools. Offering Bowl or Plate. Carved Jack-o-lantern or skull( ceramic, stone, etc) on altar.
- Dianic Education Home | Temple of Diana Home | Site Index
- use of Dianic Wiccan ritual tools for spell craft and personal healing. Includes how to consecrate personal tools, and self-blessing daily ritual.
- Wiccan Ritual
- Ritual Scene. Location. • A room in a house.
- THE MISSING WORKING TOOLS AND THE ROLE OF MASONIC
- English-speaking countries, predominantly use the Emulation Ritual, and that ritual refers to three working tools for each of the three degrees.
Suggested News Resources
- Exhibit shows diversity of Indian deities
- Some 150 examples of Indian relics from sculptures, crafts to ritual tools related to their deities will be on display.
- Miami-Dade's 2012 Playbook for the New School Year
- Public Schools launched its own new “product line of services” to its student clientele, including additional magnet schools, a conservatory for the arts, salad bars, and new technology and online digital tools for students.
- Archaeology experts meet to discuss conference
- Whereas China was well-known for richly decorated and complex cast ritual vessels, in Europe bronze was used primarily for daggers, tools and other more practical implements.
- For Students, Qykno Makes Every Day Career Day
- The problem that Qykno solves for teachers is the need for a classroom-friendly career literacy tool that tackles student motivation and engagements in scaleable ways.
- Teens get first bite at Apple laptops
- It looked like a ritual from any generation, complete with such old-fashioned tools as pen and paper. It wasn't until the students walked into the cafeteria that it became apparent this year at Beverly High School will be unlike any other.
Suggested Web Resources
- Tools and Accessories
- WICCAN TOOLS OF RITUAL and MAGICK.
- Wiccan Supplies & Pagan Tools at Ritual Magick Witchcraft Store
- Source for wiccan and pagan altar tools and supplies.
- Magical and Ritual Tools
- Want to make your own magical and ritual tools?
- Llewellyn Worldwide - Browse: Ritual
- the Aurum Solis Using Tarot Talismans for Ritual & Initiation Learn the secrets of wandmaking and gain a powerful new tool for magical workings of all sorts.
Related searcheswhitechapel vigilance committee
priestman v colangelo
on the road publication data
kurt cobain addiction and death
methylation methylation in chemistry
gayle laverne grinds
appointment in samarra summary