Derivation of "Jesus Christ" and "Jehovah"
from an alt.pagan post by Raven, 1/27/95
brought to you by the Children of Ra Temple
<Xian poster> Jesus Christ, Jehovah, Yahweh, etc. anyway you say it, it means the
Actually, no they dont.
"Jehovah" is using the German phonetics where J=Y
("jahwohl"="yavoll"), and if pronounced like an English word spelled
that way bears little resemblance to the sound its meant to represent:
In turn, of course, "YahWeh" somehow permutes a V into a W.
Both are intended to be spoken forms of the Tetragrammaton, the four letters
representing Gods name: YHVH. But these are not meant to be spoken as the complete
spelling of a name. In Jewish tradition, the name of God is too holy to speak or even
write -- which is why many even spell the English word without the middle letter:
By that tradition, I should not even go on and tell you what name YHVH is used as a
place-marker to represent. But it isnt "Yahweh".
On the other hand, "Jesus Christ" is not a name.
The chap you refer to was named "Yeshuah," the same name we now spell and
pronounce in English as "Joshua". Depending on whether or not you grant Joseph
his nominal fatherhood, its "Yeshuah ben Yussif," or else "Yeshuah
ben Miriam." The Greeks rendered "Yeshuah" as "Iesos," the Romans
made it "Iesus," and the J replaces the I only later -- because originally J and
I were the same letter.
What is not a name, more specifically, is the word "Christ."
This I the Greek word for "anointed one." It was used to translate the Hebrew
word "Messiah" (same meaning), so it is not a name but a title. You might
equally say "Yeshuah the Messiah."
But theres a problem with using "Christ" as your chaps title,
namely that it was already a religious title in Greece long before Yeshuah was born.
Initiates of the Eleusinian Mysteries were called "digenes," twice-born, and
"christos," anointed one. The mysteroi of Eleusinia are the ORIGINAL
So it happens that a Jewish rabbi has for nearly two thousand years been called by the
title of an initiate of a religion to which he never (on record) belonged. In effect, you
are calling him a pagan.
And, yes, you may believe that he shares Godhead with God the Father, YHVH, but
Trinitarian theology is also very clear that these are separate PERSONS -- so they are not the "same." You should know that!
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Food For Thought Volume 3 The J Complex: Jesus and Jehovah
- Some go so far as to say that their beloved Jesus Christ is Jehovah made . Pronounced as ee-ay-soos; the „soos‟ suffix of Jesus‟ name is of Hebrew origin .
- The Jehovah's Witnesses and Jesus Christ - New Reformation Press
- The Jehovah's Witnesses and Jesus Christ: A Biblical and Theological Appraisal by Bruce M. Metzger. Theology Today, v.
- The Deity of Jesus Christ
- Jesus Is Jehovah. A Brief Study of the Deity of Jesus Christ. Philippians 2:9-11.
- The Name Jehovah
- word Jehovah is of late medieval origin, is a combination of the Hebrew consonants of of 1 Peter 2:3 (quoting Psalm 34:8) as this verse refers to Jesus Christ.
Suggested News Resources
- Jehovah's Witnesses invite all to "Let God's Kingdom Come!" Convention
- Jehovah's Witnesses are inviting everybody to attend a programme focusing on a government that millions, perhaps billions, pray for.
- Jehovah's Witnesses invite all to attend convention in Sacramento
- Jehovah's Witnesses are inviting all to attend a program focusing on a government that millions, perhaps billions, pray for.
- Earthquake damages Washington monument
- Luke 21:34-36. , Jesus said: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.
- Obinim Begs Kwaku Bonsam
- he was called and anointed by Jehovah the God of Heaven and dared any pastor who doubted that divine calling and anointing to face him in a challenge of 'miracles, signs and wonders'.
- Are Multitudes of People Ineligible for Redemption?
- Luther also said, “I believe that I cannot by my own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ, my Lord, or come to Him; but the Holy Ghost has called me by the gospel.
Suggested Web Resources
- Who Is Jehovah? Who Is Jesus?
- The psalm closes with these verses, "Worship [Jehovah] with reverence, And .
- Jehovah's Witnesses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Origin, 1870s: Bible Student movement 4.1 Sources of doctrine; 4.2 Jehovah and Jesus Christ; 4.
- Jesus is Jehovah!: Jesus is Jehovah in Galatians
- Feb 5, 2009 This is my "Jesus is Jehovah in Galatians" being the second part of my series verses in the Book of Galatians which teach that the Lord Jesus Christ of the New Testament is Jehovah (Yahweh) of the .. #2: Pagan origin so.
- Who Is Jesus Christ? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site
- Apr 22, 2005 Jesus has long been acknowledged as the greatest man who ever lived. Is he also Almighty God?
- <b>BAAL GAD</B><bR>The LORD GOD JEHOVAH Jesus Christ
- VULCAN OR ZEUS? T H E R E V E L A T I O N O F ï¿½J e s u sï¿½ The Shocking Truth Exposed! Derivation of "Jesus Christ" and "Jehovah" WWJD?
Related searchesbugatti veyron 164 sales and service
meaning of dreams about throat
messenger rna 5 cap
black jews list of black jews