Copyright © 1994 by The Troth.
"Thunder", son of Odin and Earth. The most beloved god of the Viking Age, perhaps seen as the chief god at that time, and often known now as "god of the common man", Thor is best-known for his ceaseless battle against the giants. He is not a bloody-minded reaver, however, but a warder who protects the folk of Midgard and Asgard against the menacing beings who would destroy the world; unlike Odin, he never involves himself in the battles of men, but the gods often seem to rely wholly on his protection. He is the only god that Loki seems to respect. Although Thor is sometimes shown as being slow-witted in comparison with Odin or Loki, he is a practical god whose solutions to problems are usually swift, effective, and show the common sense the other two sometimes lack. He is also called the "Deep-Thinker", and in one Eddic poem, outwits the clever dwarf Alviss ("All-Wise") by engaging him in a riddle contest until dawn turns the dwarf to stone.
Thor's weapon is the Hammer Mjöllnir, images of which are worn by true folk today as a sign of troth, as was also done towards the end of the Viking Age when Red Thor was called on to battle the White Christ. As well as fighting giants, Thor also uses his Hammer for hallowing both brides and funeral pyres, and several runic inscriptions from late Viking Age Denmark call on him to hallow the runes. Thor was worshipped most by the free farmers (who were also warriors at need) and by those who "trusted in their own might and main". Today, he is also seen as the warder of his mother Earth against those who would harm her for their own gain. He is able to raise great rages in himself, in which he summons up more strength than any being in the worlds can match. Thor appears as a big, muscular man with red hair and beard and huge fiery eyes. He drives a wagon which is drawn by two goats, Tanngrísnir (Teeth-Barer or Teeth-Gnasher) and Tanngnjóstr (Tooth-Gritter). When he travels to Jotunheim, Loki often goes with him; Thor is the only god that Loki really seems to respect. He is married to Sif, and had a daughter named Thrud (Strength) by her; he also has a giantess-concubine, who bore him his sons, Modi (Courage) and Magni (Main-strength). It is said that "Thor will help you if your prayer is sincere".
Suggested Pdf Resources
- thinking to create fast, open road.
- MODEL: THOR PISTOL
- Please study the system of safeties that is built into the Thor pistol.
- Y=yes(0 risk), M= Maybe(put a risk in if you can, eg
- http://thor.inemi.org/webdownload/newsroom/Presentations/ECE/Tin%20Whisker %20Workshop%20May.
- Jack-up platform Thor
- Jack-up platform Thor. Working far offshore amid the strongest winds and turbulent seas requires thorough preparation and durable equipment.
Suggested News Resources
- The Fifth Color | Forward into the Past with Marvel for November 2011
- It has a very easy premise that people unfamiliar with comics can get into (hey, you know Thor?
- Norwegian Prime Minister impressed by THOR 7 briefing
- Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg and Telenor Group President and CEO Jon Fredrik Baksaas visited THOR 7-supplier Norspace in Horten on Wednesday.
- Icelandic tycoon still living the high life in London after the collapse of
- Thor and partner Kristin Olafsdottir at a party in Cannes.
- Cowboys don't need a 'Thor' at kicker
- It's like the Cowboys have put in a call for a simple handyman and the guy who shows up at the door is Thor. "Whoever wields this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor!" "Yeah, yeah, dude.
- 'Avengers' Star Tom Hiddleston Teases 'Shady Deals'
- When MTV News caught up with the actor behind the film's master of mischief, "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston, we asked him what kind of villainy Loki will be up to in his second big-screen appearance.
Suggested Web Resources
- Thor on Blu-ray™ and DVD: Own it Sept 13 | Official Movie Site
- Official site for Thor, the epic adventure that spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the mystical realm of Asgard. Own It September 13.
- IMDb - Thor (2011)
- Directed by Kenneth Branagh. With Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston.
- Thor Motocross
- Producer of quality motocross jerseys, pants and gloves. Site map includes a dealer locator and photo gallery.
- Thor - Trailer (OFFICIAL) - YouTube
- Dec 9, 2010 Watch the first trailer for Thor, in theaters May 6, 2011. http://thor.marvel.
Related searcheskahlil gibran
cranial nerves nerves and nuclei
meaning of dreams about fox
dragomon digimon 02
cunningham v tomey homma
power rangers spd