Copyright © 1994 by The Troth.
Norse Goddess similiar to Hel. Holda- A goddess known through German folklore, her name means "the Gracious One". She has much in common with Frigga, being the patroness of spinners and the keeper of social order, especially enforcing taboos about working on holy days. She is also said to be the keeper of the souls of unbaptized (or sometimes simply young) children, and women who want to bear children ask for them at her well. Holda also appears at times as the leader of the Wild Hunt. According to one tale, it was she who taught humans how to plant and process flax. When it snows, Holda is supposed to be shaking out her feather-bed.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Dr. Bill Holda - Texas Senate
- Jun 24, 2010 Dr. William M. (Bill) Holda.
- Holda announces January retirement
- Aug 1, 2015 Holda announces January retirement. Dr. William M.
- The Winter Goddess-Lotte Motz.pdf - Maritime Heathen
- The Winter Goddess: Percht, Holda, and. Related Figures. LOTTE MOTZ.
- Lady of the Elves: The Great Germanic Goddess by Timothy J
- The prominent goddess of Europe was known in Germany as Berchta and Holda, who appear as goddesses of the bright and the gloomy. These pairings might ...
- federal lawsuit filed yesterday - LawFlog
- Oct 6, 2015 serving its President, Dr. William Holda, 1100 Broadway, Kilgore, ... Dr.
Suggested Web Resources
- Holda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In Germanic legends, Frau Holda (or Frau Holle) was the protectoress of agriculture and women's crafts. Holda, Holle, Huld, and Hulda may be cognate of the ...
- Holda's Shrine: Who is Holda? - Northern Tradition Paganism
- by Shannon Graves. Frau Holle by Jenny Jinya Holda is a Germanic goddess with many interesting characteristics – maiden, mother, hag, spinner, stormbringer, ...
- Holda - Hrafnar
- As winter weather sends folk to shelter, we think of the deities whom our ancestors honored at this season. One of the most important of these is Mother Holda, ...
- Riding With Holda - Beliefnet.com
- Try Holda,the Teutonic goddess of winter.She's the beautiful blonde wearing a shimmering gown and red or white goosedowncape who flies through the night ...
- Holda - Famous Witches - Witchcraft
- In Germanic and Scandinavian folklore, Frau Holda (or Holde or Holle or Hulda or Huldra) is the supernatural matron of spinning, childbirth and domestic ...