Samhain Sabbat Ritual
brought to you by Rhiana Moonstar's Little Witch House
Now is the time of year in which we pass from light into darkness, symbolized by the death of the God of the sun. At this time, the spirits may roam the Earth along with the living, and the Goddess is in her crone aspect. Seasonal items should decorate the altar. Grains, gourds, and dried flowers are appropriate. Some extras you might want to lay out are things like apples, tarot cards, runes, hazel nuts, divination wands, a plate of food to be left outside for wandering spirits, and corn bread or a pomegranate in place of crescent cakes. One thing suggested is a yellow candle with a sun painted on it. This represents the dying God. The altar cloth is black, the altar candles should be red and black. Cast the sacred circle. Invoke the God and the Goddess. After this is done, light the God candle. Say:
"On this night when the dead once more walk freely among the living, we pass into darkness and do so willingly, for we know that it is simply the turning of the wheel. We give thanks to the God and the Goddess for the bounty that they have provided us over the summer. On this night , the Lord of the Hunt, the Lord of the Sun passes away from us. We realize, however, that it is simply the cycle of life, and we wait for that time when the Sun will once more be born of the moon. As this candle represents the Lord of the Sun, so does its blowing out represent the passing of the Lord of the Sun."
Having said this, extinguish the God candle. This candle is not to be lit again until Yule. Now is the time to invoke the crone aspect of the Goddess by saying:
"Goddess of the stars and of the waning moon, Goddess of magick and wisdom, whisper in my ear whatever you may and trust that the knowledge will be wisely used. Lend your power to my spells and rituals and trust that they will result in no harm to any of your creatures, great or small."
Now is the time for any magick or seasonal activities which you had planned to perform this evening, things such as drumming and chanting, carving apples or pumpkins, divination with the tarot, runes, wands, hazelnuts, or a pendulum, or scrying in fire, smoke or water. After any such business is done with, hold the simple feast. Then you may banish the sacred circle. Take the offering dish outside, and bury the offerings in the earth. Remember to leave a plate of food outside for wandering spirits.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Gendered Wiccan Altar: Examining the Wiccan concepts of
- to beliefs concerning concepts of gender associated with ritual objects, and ..
- A Guide for Friends and Family of Wiccans
- a magic ritual. Sabbat. A Wiccan celebration of the eight seasonal festivals of Samhain,.
- “. . . We have made a covenant with DEATH, and with HELL are we
- are unleashed. They perform their most hideous and potent rituals on the night of Halloween.
- Religious Practices Religious Items Requirements for Membership
- Wiccans develop a set of personally unique rituals for daily devotion. Examples ..
Suggested News Resources
- Turning the Wheel
- It's Candlemas, and we are in Sarah's parents' living room performing our fourth sabbat ritual together.
Suggested Web Resources
- Samhain Sabbat
- Samhain Sabbat. Known to most as "Halloween: Samhain is the time that the veil between the world of the living and the world of the dead is the thinnest.
- Samhain Sabbat Ritual, Wiccan Witchcraft Rituals
- Samhain ritual in detail. Wiccan witchcraft rituals, sabbat rituals with beautiful illustrations.
- A Year of Wiccan Sabbat Rituals
- As the Wheel of the Year turns and the eight Wiccan Sabbats pass by, many This ceremony can be held by itself or as part of a group of Samhain rituals.
- Samhain Sabbat Ritual | RM.com ®
- Now is the time of year in which we pass from light into darkness, symbolized by the death of the God of the sun. At this time, the...
Related searchesus route 127 tennessee
rosary types of rosaries
the sims simlish language
bret schundler biography