Imbolg Sabbat Ritual
brought to you by Rhiana Moonstar's Little Witch House
A festival of lights to herald the coming of spring. A popular Imbolc activity is to prepare seed for spring planting. Lay out the altar with your regular altar tools and add these extras: a bowl of earth with a seed of some sort, as many white tapers on the altar as is safe, and seasonal decorations, such as evergreens, sun wheels, or a cup of melted snow. The altar cloth shall be blue, and the altar candles shall be green and white. Cast the sacred circle, and invoke the God and the Goddess. Then bring the seed and dish of earth or planting pot to the front of the altar. Hold the seed in your hand, knowing that it is the beginnings of life. Bless it in this manner:
"In my hands I hold the seed of beginnings, of life, wisdom, and of coming spring. I ask the God and the Goddess to place a blessing on it so that it may prosper in the coming season."
Then think of something you want. It could be a request of the God and the Goddess, or something you want from yourself. Concentrate on this as you hold the seed.
"With this seed I plant a request, and hope that with careful nurturing and daily care, my goals may come to fruition in time."
Having said this, place the seed in the soil and cover it. What is to be done with it after this is up to you. Hold the simple feast, and then you may do any magick or seasonal activities that you had planned for this evening. One Imbolc tradition is to weave corn dollies. Banish the sacred circle.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- From the Editor...
- share creative and evocative rituals, invocations and poems for this rich and prayerful time of year. As Imbolc is a.
- A Guide for Friends and Family of Wiccans
- a magic ritual. Sabbat. A Wiccan celebration of the eight seasonal festivals of Samhain,.
- pg 1.cdr
- Imbolg is one of the eight solar holidays, or.
- Blessed Imbolc, Sisters.
- The portal opens this weekend with Imbolc and continues through the. Vernal Equinox six Traditionally we celebrate the Sabbats with ritual.
- What's wrong with Halloween?
- Eight times each year, the witches celebrated a sabat and the ritual work and spell casting was always done on the eve of the sabbat.
Suggested News Resources
- Happy Imbolc
- Tonight and tomorrow is when many modern Pagans celebrate the fire festival of Imbolc sacred to the goddess Brigid, patroness of poets, healers, and smiths.
Suggested Web Resources
- Imbolc Sabbat Ritual, Wiccan Witchcraft Rituals
- Imbolc ritual in detail. Wiccan witchcraft rituals, sabbat rituals with beautiful illustrations.
- Imbolc (Imbolg) and Candlemas - Witches' Sabbat and Pagan
- Find out about Imbolc (Imbolg) and Candlemas - Witches Sabbat and Pagan Tradition. on the Goddess Brigid, connections wth witchcraft and Wiccan ritual.
- Detailed information on the Wiccan Sabbat Imbolc, including rituals, activities, symbolism, lore, and historical information.
- Wheel of the Year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In some rituals the spirits of the departed are invited to attend the festivities. Among the Wiccan sabbats, it is preceded by Imbolc and followed by Beltane.
- A Year of Wiccan Sabbat Rituals
- As the Wheel of the Year turns and the eight Wiccan Sabbats pass by, many of the crossroads, guide you and inspire you during this Imbolc divination ritual.
Related searchesbattle of the boyne
tetrarch tank variants
network ten ownership
primus inter pares school slogans
u g krishnamurti london period