Ostara Sabbat Ritual
brought to you by Rhiana Moonstar's Little Witch House
This Sabbat recognizes the start of spring, and celebrates the Goddess, once again in her maiden aspect. This Sabbat is a time for fertility rituals, and the cutting of spring's first blossoms. The altar and the circle should be decorated with a variety of fresh flowers. Set up the altar with your usual tools, including a green potted plant, and the cauldron placed somewhere in the circle. The cauldron may be filled with fresh water and floating flowers. Light the altar candles and the incense, and cast the sacred circle. Invoke the God and the Goddess. Kneel before the altar, facing East, and gaze at the plant. Recognize it not only as a plant, but as a symbol of the awakening earth. Say:
"Blessed is the Goddess, our Mother, our provider. Now, the dark days of winter are past, and the world grows green once more. As life awakens from it's slumber, and is renewed by the power of the God and the Goddess, we thank them for all we have received from them."
Touch the plant. Connect with its energies, and feel its life. Say:
"This plant is representative of the awakening of life after its long winter slumber. May I learn to be kind to all creatures, great and small, and may I bear in my heart a warmth and understanding of all living things. Mother Goddess, Father God, teach me to revere the earth and all its treasures always."
Take part in any magick or seasonal activities that you had planned. Tradition on Ostara is the decoration of eggs. Hold the simple feast and banish the sacred circle.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- OSTARA or SPRING EQUINOX
- sabbat, also called Eostar or Eostre, is a minor sabbat that affects us emotionally whether there is any value in holding a dawn Ostara ritual year after year?
- A Guide for Friends and Family of Wiccans
- a magic ritual. Sabbat. A Wiccan celebration of the eight seasonal festivals of Samhain,.
- Ostara 2010
- In the mythology of the Sabbats, Ostara celebrates the return of the Goddess . The other rituals centered on the theme of throwing out winter or death.
- Ostara 2009.pub
- Ritual. • Ostara Recipes. Ostara from tryskelion.
- The Wheel of the Year Presenter: Harriet Myslinski-Beauvais
- A Sabbat is the name of one of the 8 seasonal festivals which collectively are called the which are Ostara, Litha, Mabon and Yule are astronomically based.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Ostara Sabbat Ritual, Wiccan Witchcraft Rituals
- Ostara ritual in detail. Wiccan witchcraft rituals, sabbat rituals with beautiful illustrations.
- Llewellyn Worldwide - Articles: An Ostara Sabbat Ritual for One
- You may spend as much time as you want at your altar, speaking with your deities, meditating, or just contemplating the meaning of your ritual and of Ostara.
- A Year of Wiccan Sabbat Rituals
- As the Wheel of the Year turns and the eight Wiccan Sabbats pass by, many people like to celebrate with special ceremonies and rituals.
- Ostara Rituals
- Introduction to Ostara.
Related searchesferrari 360 description
dino merlin biography
john brummie stokes
cutting speed feed rate