Mid Summer Sabbat Ritual
brought to you by Rhiana Moonstar's Little Witch House
This Sabbat celebrates the Goddess. She is now with child, as is nature with the bounty of the coming harvest. This is a time when energies abound, & is a good time for magick/purification rites. The altar can be decorated with summer herbs, greenery, & flowers. The cup should be filled with milk. If you have made a protective amulet previous to the ritual, you will want to place this on the altar. Before the ritual begins, make a small pouch out of white cloth and fill it with any combination of midsummer herbs that you wish & be sure to add them in threes. Tie pouch with red string & place it on the altar. The altar cloth & candles should be white. Light the altar candles and the incense, & cast the circle. Invoke the God & the Goddess. Kneel before the altar, facing east, and say:
"With these mystic rites, I celebrate the summer time and the coming bounty of autumn. Now, the world is bathed in the warm glow of the sun, and the fields and seas and skies and forests are teeming with life."
Hold the cloth pouch in your hands. Concentrate on any problems, pain or illness that you wish to be rid of. Picture these things going into the bag. Stand up, walk around to the East side of the altar. Light the pouch with an altar candle. Drop the pouch into the cauldron to watch it burn. As you watch, know that those impurities are burning to ash. Say:
"Oh great Goddess and God, on this magickal night I pray that you will help me to know and understand myself and the world around me. May you bring joy and happiness into my life, and may no harm come to anything by my hands."
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Gardnerian Book of Shadows index
- mid-90s as part of the Internet Book of Shadows material. Text in square brackets The Sabbat Rituals: Summer Solstice.
- A Guide for Friends and Family of Wiccans
- a magic ritual. Sabbat. A Wiccan celebration of the eight seasonal festivals of Samhain,.
- Song of the Midsummer Sabbath When in the Crab the Sun doth grill
- In Czarnolas the times require. We light midsummer's sabbath-fire. Then did the company draw near.
- WICCAN / PAGAN HOLYDAYS THE EIGHT SABBATS OF
- Graves believes that at midsummer, the Sun King is slain by his rival, the God of .
- 20110601 Newsletter web.pub
- Jun 1, 2011 A Mid-Summer Sabbath. July 8-9. A mid-year echo of our women's retreat celebrating our creative spirit.
Suggested News Resources
- Hard Summer 2011: An Electric Midsummer Night's Dream
- Black Sabbath's “Sweet Leaf” got the crowd roaring, as did his label-mate Flying Lotus when a new track of his was spun. The DJ was energetic, often playing air piano to his mixes and shaking his mop top from start to finish.
- Flaps Opened Wide on The Big Jewish Tent
- By Linda Rubin Old Will Shakespeare was welcomed into the Big Jewish Tent for a Midsummer Night Shabbat on Friday evening. The Sabbath service of music, dance and prayer took place in nature's cathedral, the S.
- Portsmouth area religious services
- North Congregational Church: Of Portsmouth, UCC will hold Summer Sunday worship at 10 am in the Market Square Sanctuary through August. Ample parking. For a detailed worship schedule, call the church at 436-9109 or www.
- Never Coming Back: An Interview With Gaza
- From the early accusations levelled at Black Sabbath – that they were Satanists – right up to the church burning that surrounded the Norwegian black metal scene, metal and religion have been almost inseparable.
Suggested Web Resources
- All About Litha - The Midsummer Sabbat - What is Litha? - Summer
- Litha, or Midsummer, is a celebration of the summer solstice.
- Solitary Sabbat Rituals
- Solitary Sabbat Rituals. Here are some Sabbat Rituals.
Related searchesdakshin gangotri
blackberry name origin
queen bee identification
women and religion
la rochelle history