Mabon Sabbat Ritual
brought to you by Rhiana Moonstar's Little Witch House
This is the second harvest Sabbat. The Goddess is entering into cronehood, and the dark of the year is beginning, so this is a time often associated with mysterious lore and wisdom. The altar and circle should be decorated with autumn leaves, gourds, berries, pine and cypress cones, acorns, oak sprigs and other fruits of the season. New willow staves and wands were traditionally consecrated or empowered on this day. You should also have a small basket filled with a variety of autumn leaves. The altar cloth shall be brown, and the altar candles shall be red. Cast circle & pick up the basket of leaves and hold it in both hands. Spill the leaves slowly so that they cascade down to the ground within the circle as you say these words:
"The days grow colder, and the leaves fall. Our Lord of the sun rides the winds westward, and the cool, misty night descends. Fruits ripen, and the seeds drop. This is a time of balance, when night equals day, and though all seems dead or dying, I know that life continues. Life is not possible without death, and the coming of winter is just another spoke in the great wheel."
Put the basket down, and say:
"Oh great Goddess of the waning moon, keeper of the cauldron, of secret magicks and forgotten lore, teach me to be wise and peaceful in thought and deed. Grant me your wisdom, and do not fear that it may be used unwisely, or for purposes other than those which encourage peace and prosperity."
Works of magick or activities may be performed now. After any such things have been taken care of, hold the simple feast, and then banish the sacred circle.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- MABON or AUTUMN EQUINOX
- celebrating the more subtle changes heralded by the minor sabbats.
- A Guide for Friends and Family of Wiccans
- a magic ritual. Sabbat. A Wiccan celebration of the eight seasonal festivals of Samhain,.
- blissfest fall 2006
- the Mabon Sabbat, or autumn equinox, include grapes, wine, vines, garland, gourds, pine cones, acorns, wheat, dried leaves and horns of plenty.
- The Wheel of the Year Presenter: Harriet Myslinski-Beauvais
- A Sabbat is the name of one of the 8 seasonal festivals which collectively are called the which are Ostara, Litha, Mabon and Yule are astronomically based.
- Ostara B eltaine M idsummer Lammas Mabon
- days, or the midpoint between, called Greater Sabbats or. Cross-Quarter days.
Suggested News Resources
- Area Pagans get ready to show their pride
- 21, and corresponds to the Wiccan Sabbat (sacred day) called Mabon. "Mabon is traditionally a time of giving thanks for the bounty from the earth.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mabon Sabbat Ritual, Wiccan Witchcraft Rituals
- Mabon ritual in detail. Wiccan witchcraft rituals, sabbat rituals with beautiful illustrations.
- Wiccan Sabbats, Pagan and Witchcraft Holidays., Mabon Ritual
- Wiccan, Pagan Holiday Ritual for Sabbats, Mabon. When you are ready, begin by playing some soothing music associated with the Sabbat and your ritual.
- Autumn Equinox, Alban Elfed, Mabon Sabbat
- Autumn Equinox, Alban Elfed, Mabon Sabbat Begins sundown .
- Mabon Sabbat Ritual | RM.com ®
- This is the second harvest Sabbat. The Goddess is entering into cronehood, and the dark of the year is beginning, so this is a time...
english literature age of sensibility
victor vasarely life and work
burns supper the loyal toast
ancient greek geographers