A Syrian deity introduced into Egypt in the Middle Kingdom. She was originally a deity of war, depicted with shield, axe and lance. Despite this she was called 'Mother of the gods' and 'Mistress of the sky'. She was regarded as protectress of the king in battle and her name was used interchangeably with Astarte, although the cults of these two deities differed considerably.
Sometimes she is said to be the consort of Set but occasional monuments link her to Min. As with all greater goddesses she was assimilated by Hathor.
The Syrian gods Reshef and Baal were at times also considered as her consorts.
Temple &cult places: In the Third Intermediate she was celebrated at the temple of Mut at Tanis, Lower Egypt.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Anat Baniel Method for ChildrenSM
- Anat Baniel Method for ChildrenSM. Based on the work of Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais .
- Human Embryology (ANAT 130) Syllabus
- Human Embryology (ANAT 130) Syllabus. Course Director. Kurt E.
- Anat Kreimer
- Anat Kreimer. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anat Ruth Admati
- Anat Ruth Admati. Graduate School of Business. Stanford, CA 94305-5015.
- ICE vs. ANAT
- Question: Relationship of ICE and. ANAT. • Option 1 (ICE): ICE deprecates ANAT, used as the v4/v6 transition technique.
Suggested News Resources
- Israeli Students face increasing number of standardized tests
- “If raising test scores becomes an end in itself," warns Anat Zohar of Hebrew University's School of Education, "it distorts the learning process. The cheating starts, and it's unavoidable.
- Anat Fort and trio of jazz notables perform at the Puffin
- Israeli-born Anat Fort, one of today's most remarkable young jazz pianist/composers, returns to the Puffin with a trio of talented musicians including Gary Wang (bass), Ronen Itzik (drums), Uri Gurvich (sax) and Anat on piano Saturday, Sept.
- Yosef Afuta must compensate family of Anat Elimelech
- The Jerusalem Family Court on Thursday made public a ruling issued last week that Yosef Afuta compensate the family of murdered actress Anat Elimelech after the court found he had tampered with the crime scene.
- Newport Jazz 2011: Avishai Cohen's Triveni With Anat Cohen, Live In Concert
- He's also one of three Cohen siblings in jazz's top echelon; Avishai invited his big sister Anat, the celebrated clarinet specialist, to join him here.
- Gov't to appoint Arab woman to team dealing with social protest
- "The state's announcement proves the power of the social protest," said Attorney Anat Tahon-Ashkenazi, who wrote the petition.
Suggested Web Resources
- Anat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Anat, also 'Anat is a major northwest Semitic goddess.
- the Anat Baniel Method
- Feldenkrais method seminars, training programs and private practice.
- Apr 30, 1998 The name Anat occurs in several forms in Ugaritic, Hebrew, Akkadian, and Egyptian.
- ANAT: Summary for American National Insurance Com- Yahoo
- View the basic ANAT stock chart on Yahoo! Finance.
- Anat, Mother of Gods
- Anat (Anatu, Anath, Anata, Anta, Antu, Anant, Anit, Antit) Mother of Gods.
Related searchesblackletter textualis
rib typical ribs
aposematism aposematic mimicry