A Syrian deity introduced into Egypt in the Middle Kingdom. She was originally a deity of war, depicted with shield, axe and lance. Despite this she was called 'Mother of the gods' and 'Mistress of the sky'. She was regarded as protectress of the king in battle and her name was used interchangeably with Astarte, although the cults of these two deities differed considerably.
Sometimes she is said to be the consort of Set but occasional monuments link her to Min. As with all greater goddesses she was assimilated by Hathor.
The Syrian gods Reshef and Baal were at times also considered as her consorts.
Temple &cult places: In the Third Intermediate she was celebrated at the temple of Mut at Tanis, Lower Egypt.
Suggested News Resources
- American National Insurance Co. (Galveston TX) (ANAT) is Trading Higher on
- American National Insurance Co. (Galveston TX) (ANAT) experienced unusually high volume on Mar. 09, as the stock gained 0.
- Jonathan Cheban and girlfriend Anat Popovsky opt for matching comfy styles
- He said that he'd be back after making some firm friends during his stint on Celebrity Big Brother in January.
- Infamous settler Anat Cohen disrupts peaceful commemoration
- Even though they left, another settler, infamous violent Anat Cohen, arrived and slowly and deliberately drove her car into a big group of Palestinians gathered at the side of the road while insulting them through her open car window.
Related searchesturmeric cosmetics
spider-man 2 character analysis
gallagher and shean