Her name means "Embracing Lady", she was probably of Nubian origin and worshipped in the 1st cataract area. The name of Anuket has been found together with Satis on a great number of inscriptions from quarry expeditions in that area. In later times she was included in the Elephantine triad as the daughter or consort of Khunm and his consort Satis. Together they protected the waters of the Nile in the cataract area. Anuket is depicted as a woman wearing a tall feather crown, some say of ostrich plumes, others say of reed. Her image can be seen in the Temple of Ramses II at Abu Simbel and at other Nubian temples. Her sacred animal was the gazelle.
Main center of worship:
Abu/Elephantine, 1st Nome, Upper Egypt.
Kom Meir, near Esna, 1st Nome, Upper Egypt.
Festival Days: (dates not historically verified)
25 th July – 9 of Thuthi - Feast of Anket: Welcoming the rising of the Nile
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Handbook of Egyptian Mythology
- Amun (Amon, Ammon, Amen), 100. Anat (Anath, Anta), 102. Andjety (Anedjeti), 102.
- BŮH/BOHYNĚ VZHLED KULTOVNÍ STŘEDISKA SPOJITOST/ÚLOHA
- válka; syrsko-palestinská. Anup (bůh) šakal, šákalí hlava hřbitovy; balzamování.
- Updated 7/17/2011: The following is a current list of TICA registered
- ANTIETAM. ANTIGUARS. ANTIOCH.
- The Routledge Dictionary of Gods and Goddesses, Devils and
- Anuket (Greek form Anukis) Egyptian goddess of the Cataract area. Particularly venerated in Elephantine, she was also known as 'mistress of Nubia'.
- DIEUX EGYPTIENS
- 5. ANUBIS ............................................. 5.
Suggested Web Resources
- Gods of ancient Egypt: Anuket (Anukis)
- Ancient Egyptian Gods: Anuket (Anukis) the personification of the Nile.
- Anukis | Egyptian Gods
- Female Anthropomorphic Egyptian Gods: Anukis, Anuket. Mythology of Anukis.
- Anuket, Goddess of the First Cataract and Abu Island--Anuket
- Anuket is an ancient Egyptian Goddess of the cataracts or rapids on the Nile River in the region of Abu Island (called . Anukis is the Greek version of Her name.
- Anukis/Anuket | RM.com ®
- Her name means "Embracing Lady", she was probably of Nubian origin and worshipped in the 1st cataract area. The name of...
- Anqet, The Embracer, Goddess of Fertility and the Nile at Aswan...
- Dec 17, 2001 Anqet (Anket, Anuket, Anjet, Anukis) was an Old Kingdom goddess related to the Nile in the Aswan area.
Related searcheszellers seasonal promotions
fred phelps childhood
flowchart history of use
paul auster poetry
coleman-liau index formula
hotei as angida arhat
dream interpretation country