Originally a fertility symbol, he became the sacred bull, or the 'Ba' of the creator god Ptah at the cult center of Memphis. The Apis was linked to Pharaoh as the divine manifestation of a god and the bulls became important enough to have a grand burial at Saqqara, with national mourning and mummification.
From the 22nd Dynasty onwards the Apis bull was depicted on private coffins and obviously regarded as a protector of the deceased.
The Apis bull was assimilated into the god Osiris at his death; Osiris-Apis which in the early Ptolemaic period became hellenized as Serapis and combined to several other Greek deities.
The cow mothers of these bulls were venerated as a form of Isis, which at their death were given similar burials at the Iseum further to the north of Saqqara. These burals were discovered and excavated an the 1970´s.
Suggested News Resources
- Google Surprises With Android N Preview and New APIs
- Wow. Google just released Android N. It's an early, eeeaaarrlllyyy preview of Android N, but it's the next version of Android nonetheless.
- Chrome 49 for Android arrives w/ improved background sync, new APIs, nearby
- We also noted recently that the Chrome 49 for Android release includes a new feature that notifies users of nearby smart beacons, a tie-in with its new beacon platform and Nearby API, just as Google announced plans to launch a new IoT research pilot.
- APIs: A Costly Blind Spot for Your Application
- For some organizations, APIs are the biggest revenue drivers. For example, Salesforce generates nearly 50% of annual revenue through APIs. In other cases, APIs can increase a business's footprint and initiate collaboration.
- ONC privacy chief talks APIs and how not to use HIPAA
- The ONC and OCR are tired of providers using HIPAA as an excuse not to share data with patients — the opposite of its intended purpose. That was the strongest message delivered by ONC Chief Privacy Officer Lucia Savage, who said during an educational ...
- Jester King Beer's Dinner at Apis, Snooze's Job Fair, Wine Slushies
- JOB FAIR — Hotly anticipated Denver brunchery Snooze is opening soon and needs man- and woman-power in the project of slinging coffee, pancakes, and cocktails. Interested job seekers should apply at the Lamar Central location between the hours of 10 ...
Related searcheskcr light rail fares
financial regulation australia
tsim sha tsui
sami people religion