Originally a fertility symbol, he became the sacred bull, or the 'Ba' of the creator god Ptah at the cult center of Memphis. The Apis was linked to Pharaoh as the divine manifestation of a god and the bulls became important enough to have a grand burial at Saqqara, with national mourning and mummification.
From the 22nd Dynasty onwards the Apis bull was depicted on private coffins and obviously regarded as a protector of the deceased.
The Apis bull was assimilated into the god Osiris at his death; Osiris-Apis which in the early Ptolemaic period became hellenized as Serapis and combined to several other Greek deities.
The cow mothers of these bulls were venerated as a form of Isis, which at their death were given similar burials at the Iseum further to the north of Saqqara. These burals were discovered and excavated an the 1970´s.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- How to Design a Good API and Why it Matters
- _ Bad APIs result in unending stream of support calls.
- BlackBerry Push APIs: Accessing the power of BlackBerry Push
- Using BlackBerry Push APIs to push data to BlackBerry users.................................... .... 1 The benefits of designing applications with BlackBerry Push APIs .
- MIDP APIs for Wireless Applications
- 901 San Antonio Road. Palo Alto, CA 94303. 1 (800) 786.
- ICH Guidance for Industry: Q7A Good Manufacturing Practice
- C. Records of Raw Materials, Intermediates, API Labeling and Packaging Materials (6.3).
Suggested News Resources
- Lionbridge GeoFluent Enterprise API Powers Seamless, Customized, Real-Time
- 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.
- Diffbot launches APIs for monitoring web pages
- Internet search startup Diffbot launched its API today for visually scanning, parsing and extracting information from web pages.
- Yammer Integrates Salesforce.com Updates In Activity Stream
- Integration via open APIs aims to break down "social networking silos" at companies using multiple social-enabled apps.
- The impact of Oracle's defense of API copyrights
- One such narrowing is Google's motion for summary judgment filed on August 1, which argues that while Google did copy 37 Java APIs into Android, such application programming interfaces are not copyrightable.
- Mozilla Seeking to Nuke Native APIs Using HTML5
- "Where we are today, there's a clear distinction between the Open Web and native APIs and how things have to be built," states Robert Nyman, technical evangelist for Mozilla.
Suggested Web Resources
- APIS - U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- APIS enhances border security by providing officers with pre-arrival and departure manifest data on all passengers and crew members.
- What is API? - A Word Definition From Webopedia.com
- API, an abbreviation of application program interface, is a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications.
- APIS FOOTWEAR WEB ACCESS
- Apis Footwear Company, based in South El Monte, California, was established in 1992 to meet the needs for therapeutic and diabetic shoes in the U.S market.