The Creator God of the Ennead of Heliopolis, who rose out of the Primeval Waters by self-creation. In the Pyramid Texts he is said to be the Primeval Mound from where he created the structured universe. Called "He Who came into being of Himself", or the "Lord of All". He was both male and female and thus the producer of Shu and Tefnut, which in turn created Geb and Nut, who parented the children Osiris, Isis, Nephtys and Set. These deities make up the Heliopolitan Ennead (the Pesedjet). Atum was also thought to manifest in the form of a scarab or the primeval serpent. In later times he was merged with the setting sun and became Re-Atum. He was a cosmic deity and as such did not have a large priesthood and only few temples.
Main Center of worship:
Iunu/Heliopolis/Cairo, 13th N, Lower Egypt.
Per-Bastet/Bubastis, 18th N, Lower Egypt
Zau/Sais, 5th N, Lower Egypt
Tjeku/Pithom/Tell-el-Makuta, 8th N, Lower Egypt
Festivals: (dates not historically verified)
30th August - 13th Paopi -
Day of Satisfying the Hearts of the Ennead
7th September - 21st Paopi - Neith Goes forth to Atum
23rd September - 7th Hethara - Honors offered to Atum
15th March - 30 Parmutit - Offerings to Ra, Wesir (Osiris), Heru, Ptah, Sokar and Atum
29th October - 13th Koiak - Day of Going Forth of Het-Hert (Hathor) and the Ennead
15th November - 30th Koiak -
The Ennead feast in the House of Ra, Heru (Horus) and Wesir (Osiris)
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mercúrio em Peixes
- é alto, e em áreas onde a poluição ambiental tem aumentado o conteúdo médio de atum, peixe-espada, lúcio e robalo.
- Sky's Embrace
- Tum (Atum, Tem, Temu, Tum,. Atem) is the first formed of the nine primary Egyptian gods, and was often referred to as the Lord of Heliopolis, the City of the Sun.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Máquina de salada de atum tem aquário embutido - VEJA SP
- 6 abr. 2011 Nadam por ali dezesseis peixes de onze espécies.
- Anubis - Atum AKA Tem, Temu, Tum, Or Atem
- Atum was shown wearing a large white hat, with a little round ball on the top. He had a young face, very strong and fresh.
- Emerson Nolasco: Atum: comer ou não comer? Artigo revisado em
- 10 jul. 2010 Ele classificou o atum como peixe de couro, portanto, peixe imundo para alimentação.