Local ram deity of Djedet (Mendes), meaning 'the spirit, the lord of Djedet'. He incorporated the essence of the world in four forms or 'ba' spirits, corresponding to the fours first rulers of the world; Ra, Shu, Geb and Osiris. At Mendes his spouse was the local fish goddess Hat-Mehit and here in the 6th century BC, the Saite king Ahmose II, constructed four monolithic granite shrines for each of these four 'spirits'. This became one of the greatest Egyptian complexes to endure until the Ptolemeian period was over.
No festival days have come down to us, although it is likely that this occurred during the Saite period.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Handbook of Egyptian Mythology
- Banebdjedet (Banebdjed), 114. Bastet (Bast, Boubastis, Pasht), 115. Bat, 117.
- Premières exaltations du mouton Les plus anciens exemples d'un
- Les dieux-béliers d'Égypte sont nombreux Amon, Banebdjedet,. Héryshef, Kherty , Khnum...
- DIEUX EGYPTIENS
- BANEB DJEDET...............................8. BANEBDEDET..................................
- ENNÉADE D'HÉLIOPOLIS
- priaient dans l'espoir qu'il les aiderait à concevoir des enfants. Voir également le Banebdjedet. Ba (2).
- Age-Related Nuclear Lens Opacities Are Associated with Reduced
- 1740 Reports. IOVS, August 1998, Vol. 39, No.
Suggested News Resources
- Pagani Isusa smatraju velikim učiteljem i revolucionarom
- U Egiptu Hnum i Banebdjedet, u Kartagi Ba'al-hamon, u Mezopotamiji Enkidu, u Africi Ikenga i Legba, u Europi – Pan, Dioniz, keltski Cernunnos itd. - Što on predstavlja? Iznad svega, Bog je slobodarski duh čovječanstva.
Suggested Web Resources
- Banebdjedet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search. Banebdjedet (Banedbdjed) was an Ancient Egyptian ram god with a cult centre at Mendes.
- Banebdjedet, Bast, Bat, Benu, Bes
- In myth, Banebdjedet is asked to intervene when a stalemate has occurred among the judges who are set to judge between Heru and Set.
- Egyptian Gods: Banebdjedet
- Banebdjedet or also known as Banedbdjed, the ram god was an ancient Egyptian god of Lower Egypt at Mendes.
- Banebdjedet « Henadology
- (Also Banebdjed, Ba-neb-Djedet) Banebdjedet's name means 'the Ba who is Lord of Djedet', a city in the Delta known to the Greeks as Mendes.
- ancient egyptian gods and goddesses: Banebdjedet.
Related searcheskamchatka oblast history
photosynthetic pigment algae
negros occidental people and culture
playboy magazine playboy interview
silas marner setting