Cat-headed goddess who in early times also connected to Sekhmet, Tefnut, Atum (her father) and Mut. Via Mut she is also connected to Amun and in the Old Kingdom she is found depicted together with Het-Hert.
She did not become associated with the cat until ca 1000 BC, until then she was shown with a lion's head or a desert sand-cat headed goddess. Sometimes she was regarded as the mother of the savage lion-god Mahes (Gr: Miysis), the 'lord of slaughter'.
Only after or towards the end of the New Kingdom was she depicted with a cat's head, and a more friendly appearance developed.
Main center of worship:
Per Bast/Bubastis, 18th Nome, Lower Egypt
Festivals:(dates not historically verified)
27th August - 10th Paopi - Procession of Bast
6th October - 20th Hethara - Bast appears to Ra.
16th November - 1st Tybi - Festival of Bast
5th December - 20th Tybi - Bast Goes Forth from Bubastis
6th December - 21st Tybi - Bast guards the Two Lands
14th December - 29th Tybi:
Djehuti (Thoth) sends Bast and Sekhmet to guide Egypt
15th April - 1st Payni - Festival of Bast
15th May - 1st Epipi - Festivals of Het-Hert and Bast
Suggested News Resources
- LIVE-STREAMED March 9: Joe Bast – Never Lose a Debate with a Global Warming
- Why Scientists - front cover-260 Tonight at 7 p.m.
- Roanoke College bids farewell to Bast with win over Bridgewater
- “We are blessed to have such a great culture here and history at Roanoke College, especially in the Bast Center,” said Roanoke senior forward Cameron Smith, whose team is enjoying its first winning season in seven years.
- Joe Bast: Andrew Breitbart's Legacy 'On Stage Every Day, Forever' At New
- Joe Bast, President and CEO of The Heartland Institute joined Breitbart News Daily host Stephen K. Bannon on SiriusXM to announce the dedication of the Andrew Breitbart Freedom Center at the group's new headquarters in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- College notebook: Memories abound in Bast Center farewell
- As much as Roanoke College is looking forward to its new basketball home, nostalgia is certain to mark this weekend's action at the Bast Center. The Roanoke men will face Bridgewater at 1 p.m.
- Local basketball roundup: W&L ruins Roanoke women's hoops goodbye to Bast
- Jackie Clifford scored a game-high 19 points as the Washington and Lee women's basketball team used a big third quarter to break open what was a tie game at the half to top Roanoke 73-63 on Saturday afternoon in the final game at Roanoke College's C.
Related searcheschow chow temperament
x meanings for x
list of shock sites snickerbarscom
channel v channel v philippines
terrorism key criteria
situation comedy list of sitcoms
history of ukraine early prehistory