Cat-headed goddess who in early times also connected to Sekhmet, Tefnut, Atum (her father) and Mut. Via Mut she is also connected to Amun and in the Old Kingdom she is found depicted together with Het-Hert.
She did not become associated with the cat until ca 1000 BC, until then she was shown with a lion's head or a desert sand-cat headed goddess. Sometimes she was regarded as the mother of the savage lion-god Mahes (Gr: Miysis), the 'lord of slaughter'.
Only after or towards the end of the New Kingdom was she depicted with a cat's head, and a more friendly appearance developed.
Main center of worship:
Per Bast/Bubastis, 18th Nome, Lower Egypt
Festivals:(dates not historically verified)
27th August - 10th Paopi - Procession of Bast
6th October - 20th Hethara - Bast appears to Ra.
16th November - 1st Tybi - Festival of Bast
5th December - 20th Tybi - Bast Goes Forth from Bubastis
6th December - 21st Tybi - Bast guards the Two Lands
14th December - 29th Tybi:
Djehuti (Thoth) sends Bast and Sekhmet to guide Egypt
15th April - 1st Payni - Festival of Bast
15th May - 1st Epipi - Festivals of Het-Hert and Bast
Suggested Pdf Resources
- KENNETH L. BAST VICE PRESIDENT, VENDOR MANAGEMENT
- Ken Bast serves as vice president, vendor management for Ingram Micro.
- Chemical Analysis of Okra Bast Fiber (Abelmoschus esculentus
- The chemical composition of okra bast fiber (OBF) has been isolated and isolated values are 67.5. % a-cellulose, 15.
- When You're Lost for Words: Faceted Search with Autocompletion
- When You're Lost for Words: Faceted Search with Autocompletion. Holger Bast. Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik.
- Robert J. Bast
- Robert J. Bast. Associate Professor of Early Modern European History.
- C R C BAST '99 Workshop Program
- BAST '99 Workshop Program. The Inn at the Tides, Bodega Bay, California. February 23-26, 1999.
Suggested News Resources
- Emotional night ends with Denver on top
- [AROUND THE COUNTRY] Junior Kaitlin Bast had two goals and sophomore Kristen Hamilton scored her second game-winner of the season, on a mad scramble in the box with 20 seconds on the clock, to give Denver a 3-2 win over Nebraska on Thursday night.
- Fed bear becomes dead bear in Chilliwack
- Mobile home owner Virginia Bast wanted to know why a bear was still languishing in the trap —a day after it was caught. "No one has come to pick up the bear," she said.
- Letter: Thoughts on ball fields
- I'd like to address the comments of Hudson Town Supervisor Bast given in last week's paper concerning the proposed Booster ball field project at Hwy. 12 and County UU.
- Naturally Advanced Technologies to Hold Corporate Update Call Thursday, August
- The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, CRAiLAR® Fiber Technologies Inc.
- Easton planning for weekend storm
- The minimum complement is 10 firefighters, so fire Chief John Bast was asked to fill any vacancies to assure 14 firefighters are on duty, Steckman said.
Suggested Web Resources
- Bastet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Her name is also spelled Bast, Baast, Ubasti and Baset.
- In Egyptian mythology, Bast (also spelled Ubasti, Baset, and later Bastet) is an ancient solar and war goddess, worshipped at least since the Second Dynasty.
- The Gods of Ancient Egypt -- Bast
- Description: Probably the most famous Egyptian goddess after Isis, Bast was said to be the daughter of Ra, though long after he created the primal gods.
Related searchesidra rabba
google desktop deskbars
dream symbol biting cat
city hunter city hunter characters
walter cronkite news career
let it be track listing