Bes was a dwarf-god, grotesque in appearance, but benign in nature. He was depicted wearing a plumed crown, was normally bearded with his broad face surrounded by a lion's mane and ears, and with his tongue protruding in a playfully aggressive manner. His body represented a bandy-legged dwarf wearing either a panther skin or a kilt, and a lion's tail. Together with Tawaret he was a protector of childbirth, and his ugliness was seen as a deterrent to evil spirits. He is present at the scenes of royal birth carved on Theban temple walls.
Bes was also considered to bring good luck and prosperity to married couples and their children, and has been found in homes at Deir el-Medina. The aggression of knife-carrying Bes is seen as directed towards any threat to the family, such as warding off snakes and scorpions in the living quarters. Finally, Bes has a genial temperament expressed through merrymaking and music. Towards the end of Ancient Egyptian civilization, Bes was adopted by the Romans and figurines exist of him clad in legionary garb."
Bes had no temples of his own and no priesthood. A small statue of him and a shrine was however present in most Egyptian homes, and his picture was carved on bedposts and other everyday household artifacts.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Standard TPL-004-0 — System Performance Following Extreme
- Standard TPL-004-0 — System Performance Following Extreme BES Events. Adopted by NERC Board of Trustees: February 8, 2005. 1 of 5.
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange - 5.0.1
- May 16, 2011 BlackBerry Enterprise Server for. Microsoft Exchange. Version: 5.
- Dummies guide to moving a BES server www.pmooney.net www
- Dummies guide to moving a BES server . . 1.
- ReliabilityFirst Corporation Bulk Electric System (BES) Definition ******
- automatically trip a BES facility independent of the protection and control equipment's voltage level. 1.
Suggested News Resources
- PlayBook OS version 2.0 leaks: Exchange ActiveSync in, BES out?
- That's right, while RIM is finally adding native email support to the PlayBook, it may not be adding BES or BIS support.
- RIM brings QNX OS to BlackBerry 'Colt' phone
- By Gloria Sin | August 8, 2011, 1:37pm PDT Summary: RIM's next-gen BlackBerry smartphone will be powered by the same QNX OS as its PlayBook tablet, but may only have a single-core CPU and lack BES support out-of-box.
- Portugal's BES Makes Bigger Provision For Loan Losses
- By Patricia Kowsmann and Carla Canivete Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES LISBON (Dow Jones)--Banco Espirito Santo SA (BES.
- Net loss, Bes and the Mudhens
- This year, it's Jeff Bes. I'm just kidding about that first part, but not the latter. Today, Bes was named the head coach of the SPHL's Mississippi Surge.
Suggested Web Resources
- BlackBerry - BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange
- Discover why BlackBerry is the leading wireless handheld device solution.
- Boutique Eat Shop
- 1 June, 2011 – The Boutique Eat Shop, B.E.S brand and Patrick Duffy are no longer associated with the partners at 559 West 22nd street.
- B.E.S. Manufacturing
- Poles, auger bits, and other tools for fishing cable and wires through walls and conduits. Features catalog of available items.
meaning of dreams about phoenix
eth zurich student life
colloidal gold brust et al method
list of towns hawaii
pilgrims arrival in america
coach original meaning and etymology