The falcon, soaring with outstretched wings was already in Predynastic times seen as the sky-god, his eyes were called the sun and the moon. The sky, the sun and the falcon were at this time equaled with the king and out of this came the symbol of the winged disc which was one of the many forms of Horus. This became the royal insignia, used on lintels over doors of temples and royal building, as well as on many other places. This refers to the form of him as "Horus the Elder" which is not the same as "Horus, son of Isis".
In early times he was the ruler of Lower Egypt, in later times he was considered to rule all of Egypt. When the cult of Osiris spread, he became the son of Osiris and Isis and later the avenger of his father who was murdered by Set.
Main center of worship: Iunu/Heliopolis/Cairo 13th Nome, Lower Egypt:
Other temple sites:
Nebet/Ombi/Kom Ombo 1st Nome, Upper Egypt:
Djeba/Apollinopolis Magna/Edfu 2nd Nome, Upper Egypt
Nekhen/Hierakonpolis 2nd Nome, Upper Egypt
Gesy/Apollinopolis Parva/Qus 5th Nome,Upper Egypt
Iunet/Tentyris/Dendera 6th Nome, Upper Egypt
Men´at-khufu/el-Minya 16th Nome, Upper Egypt
(Horus the Elder)
Khem/Letopolis/Ausim 2nd Nome, Lower Egypt
(Kehnty-irty, a form of Horus)
Hut-Heryib/Athribis 10th Nome,Lower Egypt
(Khnety-Khety, a form of Horus)
Festivals:(dates not historically verified)
15th of July, the 2nd Epagomenal Days, is the Birthday of Heru(Horus)
13th August - 26th Thuti - Day of battle between Horus and Set
14th August - 27th Thuti - Day of Peace between Horus and Set
17th August - 30th Thuti - Rituals in the Temples of Ra, Horus
19th August - 2ndPaopi - Procession of Heru to Neith
20th August - 3rd Paopi - Thoth orders the healing of the eye
31st August - 14th Paopi - Horus receives the White Crown
9th October - 23rd Hethara - Ra judges the dispute of Set and
12th October - 26th Hethara - The Black Land is given to Horus,
The Red Land is given to Set
14th October - 28 Hethara - Festival of establishing Heru as
King, The appearance before Ptah
15th November - 30th Koiak - The Ennead feast in the House of
Ra, Heru and Wasir
25th December - 10th Mechir - Birth of Heru (Horus), the child
of Aset (Isis), Day of elevating the Great Netjret (goddess) in all her
names and manifestations.
6th February - 23rd Pamenot - Feast of Heru (Horus)
21st February - 8th Parmutit - Day of counting the partos of
the eye of Heru (Horus)
15th March - 30th Parmutit - Offerings to Ra, Wasir, Heru,
Ptah, Sokar and Atum
16th March - 1st Pachons - Feat of Heru and His Companions
15th April - 1st Payni - Festival of Heru (Horus)
29th May - 15th Epipi - Heru(Horus) hears prayer in the presence
of the Netjers
30th June - 13th Epipi - Ceremony of Heru the Beloved
26th June - 13 Mesore - Holiday for the Shemsu (followers) of
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Story of Osiris, Isis and Horus: The Egyptian Myth of Creation
- Set, however, did not play fair. After several matches in which Set cheated and was the victor, Horus' mother, Isis, decided to help her son and set a trap for Set.
- The Horus Throne - Her Majesty the King
- father had passed the Royal Ka, the life force of the god Horus, to me. His act . chance that her throat might swell shut in the next few hours.
- Press Contact: Anne Edgar, Anne Edgar Associates, (646) 336-7230
- Horus, her child.
- EGYPTIAN ART COLLECTION
- of Osiris, is shown here nursing their son, Horus. This is one of the most popular depictions of Isis in her role as mother and protector of Horus.
- Mythscape: Horus vs. Seth
- copper and cast it into a hook, secured this to the end of her cord and threw it into the water at the spot where Horus and Seth had plunged under.
Suggested News Resources
- Madonna's New Age End Time Satanism...It is reappearing in these end days. IT
- 2001 Drowned World Tour displays the Eye of Horus (her eye) and esoteric occult symbolism throughout the concert. But a rather odd number sticks out called 'The Funny Song.' It is about murder and cannabalism.
Suggested Web Resources
- Videos Posted by Technical Death Metal: AEON OF HORUS : [ Her
- AEON OF HORUS : [ Her-Ra-Ha ] [HQ]. by Technical Death Metal. 6:27.
- Ancient Egypt: the Mythology - The Story of Isis and Osiris
- But Isis knew as soon as her husband was dead, though no one told her, and fled into the marshes of the delta carrying the baby Horus with her.
- Horus´childhood in Chemmis
- Isis was pregnant with the son of Osiris and gave birth to him in the marshes of Chemmis in Lower Egypt, where Thoth had told her to hide.
- Isis is looking for the Phallus of Osiris and is aided in her search by Horus her son by Osiris.
Related searcheshanging up
ge evolution series es44ac
history of nigeria independence
rotational symmetry examples
diathermy bipolar diathermy
nicene creed history