'He who is coming into being of himself'. Creator god in the form of a beetle or scarab, mentioned as far back as the 5th Dynasty (ca 2494-2345 BC) in the Pyramid Texts. The ancient Egyptians watched the scarab pushing his dung ball in front of him, and drew the conclusion that the scarab was born out of it, therefore they linked it to Creation itself and thereby to the creator god Atum.
Khepri is manifesting as the rising sun as it rose on the western horizon, after having been born out of the womb of his mother Nut, the night sky.
He is depicted in funeral papyrii and in tombs as a man with a scarab's head or as a boat with a scarab, which Nun holds up by his arms.
Amulets in scarab form was produced in masses during the Middle Kingdom and onwards, but there was no cult attached separately to Khepri.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- CHAPTER I KHEPRI IN EGYPTIAN RELIGION
- Dec 13, 2007 This chapter will deal with Khepri and his position in religion which Heliopolitan oosmogony in which Khepri features as creator.
- VAN RYNEVEILD, MARIA MAGDALENA THE PRESENCE AND
- Dec 13, 2007 THE PRESENCE AND SIGNIFICANCE OF KHEPRI.
- Hymn to the sun
- Nov 4, 2006 xprj wrD m kAt stw=k m Hr n rx.tw=s. Khepri, who tires himself with labour!
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Khepri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This article is about the Egyptian god. For the type of robot, see Khepera mobile robot. Khepri.
- KHEPRI COMICS | Welcome
- This is indeed Khepri.com // The scarab beetle is a symbol of rebirth — and throughout the month of August, you will see our transformation.
- Khepri - Ancient Egypt
- Khepri 'He Who is Coming into Being'. Appearance: Man with the head of a scarab; A scarab beetle.
- Gods of Ancient Egypt: Khepri
- Khepri (Kheper, Khepera, Chepri, Khephir) was associated with the scarab or dung beetle (Scarabaeus sacer), making him one of the most famous insect gods .
- Mar 3, 1997 Khepri was the one of the class of Egyptian gods associated with a particular animal. Khepri was the sacred scarab.
Related searchesaura reading
park city utah demographics
yoga and impotence