'The Great Flood'. Goddess of the primeval flood out of which life emerged and the sun god appeared. She was often depicted as a great cow with the sun disc between her horns, as such she was linked to Hathor and called the mother of Re.
There was no cult especially for Mehet-Weret.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Newsletter of the Friends of the Egypt Centre, Swansea
- Mehet-weret, with whom she is frequently connected, particularly Mehet-weret were often almost interchangeable.
- Freemasonry and Ancient Egypt A Quick Trail
- goddess Mehet-Weret. In this combined form, Isis represents the mother of the Apis bull.
- Myth of the Heavenly Cow
- Aug 12, 2010 goddess, sky, mythology, Hathor, Sakhmet, Mehet-weret, Re, New Kingdom, cosmography, kingship.
- BŮH/BOHYNĚ VZHLED KULTOVNÍ STŘEDISKA SPOJITOST/ÚLOHA
- Mehen (bůh) svinutý had ochránce boha slunce. Mehet-Weret (bohyně) kráva obloha; prvotní vody; 'Velká záplava'.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Mehet-Weret, Celestial Cow, Goddess of Waters, Creation and
- Nov 16, 2003 Mehet-Weret, Celestial Cow, Goddess of Waters, Creation and Rebirth.
- Mehet-Weret - Eternal Egypt
- Mehet-Weret's name means "the great flood." She was the cow goddess of the sky.
- Egypt: Mehet-Weret - Cow Goddess of the Sky
- Mehet-Weret was a cow goddess of the sky. Her name means "great flood".
- Mehet-weret definition of Mehet-weret in the Free Online
- Hathor (hăth`ôr), in Egyptian religion, celestial goddess of love and festivity.
Related searchespuffball habitat and structure
franklin carmichael his life
bicycle lock wheel lock
li ka shing
tellurium notable characteristics