'The Great Flood'. Goddess of the primeval flood out of which life emerged and the sun god appeared. She was often depicted as a great cow with the sun disc between her horns, as such she was linked to Hathor and called the mother of Re.
There was no cult especially for Mehet-Weret.
Suggested News Resources
- Images show King Tutankhamun's tomb in COLOUR for the first time
- The complex family arrangements of Tutankhamun has been one of the great mysteries surrounding the young king. While his father was known to have been Pharaoh Akhenaten, the identity of his mother has been far more elusive. In 2010 DNA testing ...
- Suleiman the Magnificent: Tomb of Ottoman Empire's longest-serving sultan
- Pap, head of the department of Political Geography, Regional and Development Studies at the University of Pecs in Hungary, said objects suggesting it was Suleiman's tomb were found during the dig, as well as other historical evidence, although more ...
- King Tutankhamun: new evidence suggests ancient Egyptian gold mask was made
- In almost all other ancient Egyptian depictions, pierced ears were a feature only reserved for queens and children.
Related searchesbae systems formation
serafim cardinal fernandes de arajo
george orwell literary influences