'The Great Flood'. Goddess of the primeval flood out of which life emerged and the sun god appeared. She was often depicted as a great cow with the sun disc between her horns, as such she was linked to Hathor and called the mother of Re.
There was no cult especially for Mehet-Weret.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Newsletter of the Friends of the Egypt Centre, Swansea
- Mehet-weret, with whom she is frequently connected, particularly Mehet-weret were often almost interchangeable.
- Freemasonry and Ancient Egypt A Quick Trail
- goddess Mehet-Weret. In this combined form, Isis represents the mother of the Apis bull.
- Myth of the Heavenly Cow
- Aug 12, 2010 goddess, sky, mythology, Hathor, Sakhmet, Mehet-weret, Re, New Kingdom, cosmography, kingship.
- BŮH/BOHYNĚ VZHLED KULTOVNÍ STŘEDISKA SPOJITOST/ÚLOHA
- Mehen (bůh) svinutý had ochránce boha slunce. Mehet-Weret (bohyně) kráva obloha; prvotní vody; 'Velká záplava'.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Mehet-Weret, Celestial Cow, Goddess of Waters, Creation and
- Nov 16, 2003 Mehet-Weret, Celestial Cow, Goddess of Waters, Creation and Rebirth.
- Mehet-Weret - Eternal Egypt
- Mehet-Weret's name means "the great flood." She was the cow goddess of the sky.
- Egypt: Mehet-Weret - Cow Goddess of the Sky
- Mehet-Weret was a cow goddess of the sky. Her name means "great flood".
- Mehet-weret definition of Mehet-weret in the Free Online
- Hathor (hăth`ôr), in Egyptian religion, celestial goddess of love and festivity.
Related searchesinternational botanical congress
hindu sacred text
random wiccan name generator
quantum chemistry wave model
catholic charismatic renewal
dream analysis bowel movement
myocardial infarction pathophysiology