"She who loves silence" - local goddess of the Valley of the Kings on the Western shore of the Nile at Thebes. She was worshipped by the workmen in the necropolis especially in the form of the mountain peak known as "Lady of the Peak" that dominates the valley. Meresger is also shown sometimes as a uraeus with a woman´s head, a woman with a snake's head or sometimes as a scorpion with a woman's head.
Main center of worship:
Valley of the Kings, Waset, 4th Nome, Upper Egypt
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Relief of the Royal Cup-Bearer Tja-wy
- Meres[ger?] praise you [-------------] standing inside it and viewing [-------------I.
- DIEUX EGYPTIENS
- 24. MERT...............................................24.
- Die Schlange und ihre Verehrung in Ägypten in pharaonischer und
- Schlangengestalt dargestellten Göttinnen Renenutet und Meretseger sind viele 28 Valbelle, Dominique, s.v. „Meresger“, LÄ IV, 79f.
Suggested Web Resources
- Meretseger/Meresger | RM.com ®
- "She who loves silence" - local goddess of the Valley of the Kings on the Western shore of the Nile at Thebes. She was...
- Ancient Egyptian Gods | Gods Starting With "M"
- Meretseger, Meresger: This goddess was seen as a nurturing god along with Renentutet.
- Meretseger « Henadology
- (Meresger) Meretseger, whose name means 'She who loves silence', is the Goddess of the Theban necropolis, the 'Valley of the Kings'.
Related searchesmu online spells and skills
cytoplasm components of the cytoplasm
july 31 holidays and observances
feng shui bed orientation
pulmonary edema signs and symptoms
old english language latin influence
adam jones equipment