His earliest form was a fetish resembling a barbed arrow. Later the written form of his name was recognizable in the sign of the ninth nome of Upper Egypt.
Min developed from a fertility god for animals to a god of vegetation. Among his attributes were a bed of lettuce (which was considered and aphrodisiac), a round hut with bull's horns tied to a pole and a small shrine surrounded by lettuces. He was celebrated at the "festival of the staircase", when he was presented the first ear of corns from the new harvest, out of the hands of the king.
Main center of worship:
Gebtu/Koptos/Qift, 5th N, Upper Egypt
Ipu/Khemmis Panopolis/Akhmin, 9th Nome, Upper Egypt
Festivals: (exact dates not historically verified)
1st October - 15th Hethara - Contemplation of the fertility of
10th January - 26th Mechir - Min Goes Forth to Coptos
20th February - 7th Parmutit - Min Goes Forth in festivity
18th June - 5th Mesore - Day of Appearance of Min
11th July - 28 Mesore - Feast of MinM
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir: Why Exercise is Important to Me New Year, New
- adults get 150 minutes of moderate aero- bic exercise Exercise done in as few as 10 minute periods can have . ahead.
- 1 oePA|=rmEwr or me new
- 1 oePA|=rmEwr or me new . Minimum pavement classiﬁcation number must support the heaviest Minimum departure climb rate: 200' per nautical mile. d.
- Fuzzy min-max neural networks. I. Classification - Neural Networks
- A. Min-Max Pom1& Hyperbox Fuzzy Se旭 and Pattern Classes .. me overhp, msumng m me new mm and max pmms V2 : @A5, 03) and M/1 : @A5, 0.
- Alley Chats Networking Events Sponsorship Overview - 2008
- “The presentations gave me new insight into what the corporation is doing and Opportunity to speak about your organization to event attendees (8 min.
- NURIT 2085 – MENU SCREEN GUIDE 1. REPORTS 1. Default
- Press [MENU/ESC] to access or exit the Main Menu or to go back one menu level . . Min.
Suggested Web Resources
- Min, Menew, Amsu.
- Aug 15, 2003 Ancient History Reference, Community, and Games.
- Egypt: The Gods of Ancient Egypt - Min (Menew, Amsu)
- May 21, 2011 Tour Egypt presents information on Min, the god of fertility and sexuality in Ancient Egypt.
- Gods of Ancient Egypt: Min
- Min (Menew, Menu, Amsu) was an ancient Egyptian god whose worship dates back to the predynastic times.
- THE SHRINE OF MIN
- Lord Min (Menew, Amsu) is one of the ancient Egyptian gods worshiped from predynastic times.
- Min (Menew, Amsu) was one of the Egyptian gods worshiped from predynastic times.
Related searchestina fey early years
harmandir sahib history
poor law the act of 1601
dodge dart performance packages
marmite serving suggestions
toyota camry theft statistics
video camera tube newvicon