The god of fragrance, his form was "the Divine Lotus". When shown as human, he wore a lotus on his head, often with two vertical plumes. He was also depicted with a lion's head, thus showing his solar symbolism, the sun being reborn each day like the lotus that hides beneath the surface of the water at night and reemerging each morning. He was said to dwell "each day" with Re, and through his connection to the sun he and Horus became as one.
Main center of worship:
at Mennefer/Memphis, 1 st Nome, Lower Egypt
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Handbook of Egyptian Mythology
- Meretseger, 164. Meskhenet, 164. Min, 164.
- G:\lists_periodicals\periodical lists J\Journal of Egyptian
- Part of jewellery, temp. .. Queen Ahmosi Nefertere, Bibl.
- SIMPLIFIED GENEALOGY OF THE MAJOR EGYPTIAN GODS *
- creator, crafts. Sakhmet war. Nefertum the rising sun, fortune.
- The Nun-basin of Renpetneferet
- phase at early morning (Nefertum).
Suggested Web Resources
- Gods of Ancient Egypt: Nefertum
- Nefertum (Nefertem, Nefertemu) was originally considered to be an aspect of Atum.
- Gods Min, Nefertum (Nefertem), and Khepera (Khepri)
- Ancient History Reference, Community, and Games.
Related searchesthe way of the master season 1
montmartre artists gather
the white mans burden notes