Nebt-Het (Gr: Nephtys) meaning "Mistress of the House", which is a title rather than a name, and the same word as her hieroglyphic sign shown above her head. Also called "Friend of the Dead". Daughter to Geb and Nut of the Heliopolitan Ennead, sister to Aset (Gr: Isis), Wesir, (Gr: Osiris) and sister-spouse to Set. In later times said to be the mother of Inpew (Anubis). She is seldom mentioned other than with her sister, whose faithful companion she always is, helping her mourn and prepare the deceased Wesir and accompanying him into the Netherworld. She also protects and takes care of the young Heru child, son of Aset. She is sometimes associated with the linen bandages that are used for the mummy. Although frequently mentioned in the Pyramid Texts and the Book of Going Forth By Day (the Book of the Dead), she doesn´t seem to have had a worship of her own and no temples of cult centres of hers have survived.
Main center of worship:
Iunu/Heliopolis/Cairo, 13 th Nome, Lower Egypt
Festivals: (exact dates not historically verified)
18th of July, the 5th Epagomenal Day is the Birthday of Nebet-Het
30th August - 13th Paopi - Day of Satisfying the Hearts of
3rd October - 17th Hethara - Lamentations of Aset (Isis)and
Nebet-Het (Nephthys) for Wasir (Osiris).
29th October - 13th Koiak - Day of Going Forth of Het-Hert
and the Ennead
15th November - 30th Koiak - The Ennead feast in the House of
Ra, Heru and Wasir
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Role of macrofauna functional traits and density in biogeochemical
- Jan 28, 2010 and Nephtys sp. in the study area reach up to 5000,. 1000 and 300 ....
- Effects of physical trawling disturbance in a - Inter Research
- dosa and polychaetes Scolopolos armiger and Nephtys cirrosa were identified as sensitive species. ...... presumably never have been) present at this site we.
- Chapter 3 - Dissertations
- Nereis diversicolor and Nephtys hombergii) in the Wadden Sea, The Netherlands . We ..... and random distributions were never encountered (Figs.
- River - Brooklyn Academy of Music
- Nephthys (Jennie Knaggs) and Set, mythologically ... Nephthys recovers the automotive body of osiris from the ... Gabriel's horn, which will never come.
Suggested Web Resources
- Nephtys/Nebet-Hewet | RM.com ®
- Nebt-Het (Gr: Nephtys) meaning "Mistress of the House", which is a title rather than a name, and the same word as her...
- Nefertum, Nephtys, Nun, Nut, Neith, Nekhbet
- Nekhbet, Nemty - Nephtys, Neper, Nun, Nut .
- Medu Netjers Egyptian Names
- Khnum, Khenmew Khons, Khensew Ma'at, Maa'et. Min, Menew Montu, Mentjew Mut, Mewet Nefertum, Nefer-tem. Neith, Net Nephthys, Nebet-hewet.