Osiris, Wesir, Ausar, Usir, meaning "place of the eye". Also Wennefer which means "the eternally good being" or "the perfect one". He has been called "Lord of the Afterworld", "Judge of the Blessed Dead", "Father of the Kings".
He developed from a primitive fertility god in Lower Egypt to one of the greatest and most important of all the Egyptian Netjers, whose myth still lived on long after the fall of Egypt. In earliest times he was worshipped by the common people as a fertility god, associated with the inundation of the Nile and symbolizing the fertile land of Kemet. From this his association with resurrection and new life developed.
The waxing and waning of the moon was interpreted as the death and resurrection of the god.
Osiris is often depicted in white mummy wrappings and with his skin white or black, alluding to the realm of the dead, or green as a symbol of resurrection.
In myth he is the son of Geb, the earth god, brother and the husband of Isis, and brother to Nephtys andSeth. He was slain by his brother, resurrected by his sister-spouse who also gave him his son Horus whom he in the end took revenge upon his brother Seth.
Through this Osiris became the ruler of the Underworld, king of the deceased. He was seen as the night form of the sun, even the moon sometimes.
On the Island of Bigeh, close to the island of Philae, there is said to be found 16 mythical tombs to Osiris. The island is also called 'Abaton', which means 'inaccessible'. Loud speak was forbidden here, and the statue of the goddess Isis was brought over from Philae at frequent intervals to make offerings to his tombs.
It was also believed that Hapi, the personification of the inundation, to whom Osiris had a close connection, lived in a cave on Bigeh, the entrance being protected by a sacred snake.
Main center of worship:
Abedju/Abydos, 8 th Nome, Upper Egypt
Saqqara, 1st Nome, Lower Egypt - to Osiris-Apis & Isis
Hut-Heryib/Athribis, 1st N, Lower Egypt
Busiris/Abusir, 9th Nome, Lower Egypt
Taposiris magna west of Alexandria, Lower Egypt
Djan´netTanis, west of, 19th N, Lower Egypt
Bigeh by Philae 1st N, Upper Egypt
Waset/Thebes, 4th N, Upper Egypt, at Karnak there was 5 chapels built to Osiris and a small temple to Osiris-Heka-djet.
Festivals: (dates not historically verified)
14th of July, the 1st Epagomenal Day, is the Birthday of Wesir (Osiris)
12 August - 25th Thuti - Osirian Mysteries
17th August - 30th Thuti - Rituals in the Temples of Ra, Horus and Osiris
30th August - 13th Paopi - Day of Satisfying the Hearts of the Ennead
2nd September - 16th Paopi - Feast of Osiris
5th September - 19th Paopi - Ceremony of Raising the Djed Pillar
16th September - 30th Paopi - Kemet in festival for Ra, Osiris and Horus
28th September - 12th Hethara - Osiris goes forth to Abydos
27th October - 11th Koiak - Feast of Wasir (Osiris) in Abydos
28th October - 12th Koiak - Day of Transformation into the Bennu Bird
29th October - 13th Koiak - Day of Going Forth of Het-Hert and the Ennead
30th October -- 14th Koiak - Coming forth of the Bennu transformed.
6th November - 12st Koiak - Raising the Djed Pillar
15th November - 30th Koiak - The Ennead feast in the House of Ra, Heru and Wasir
3rd December - 18th Tybi - Going forth of the Netjeru of Abydos
1st January - 17th Mechir - Day of keeping the things of Wesir (Osiris) in the hands of Anpu (Anubis)
20th January - 6th Pamenot - Festival of Jubilation for Wesir (Osiris) in Busiris
11th February - 28th Pamenot - Feast of Wesir (Osiris)in Abydos
13th February - 30th Pamenot - Feast of Wesir (Osiris) in Busiris; The Doorways of the Horizon are opened
15th March - 30th Parmutit - Offerings to Ra, Wasir, Heru, Ptah, Sokar and Atum
2nd May - 18th Payni - Wasir Goes Forth from His mountain
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 911:OCCULT SYMBOLISM Intro
- "Osiris - Wesir - Asar - Asar Un-Nefer". •. Cartouche - oblong enclosure with a horizontal line at one end, indicating that the text enclosed is a royal name.
- PAt HOlliDAY, PH.D.
- sign of slavery, submission, to the Master and the Lodge. 2- Grand hailing "sign of distress". 3- "Grips: Apprentice, Master Mason...
- Sommaire - LAPF
- 22 janv. 2008 La recherche du corps de Wesir (Osiris) par. Aset était rejouée lors de cette fête.
- Fall 2010 Brothers of Osiris… .. Wesir, Usir, Usire or Ausare) was an Egyptian god, who was.
- By Names and Images - J. S. Kupperman
-  Frazer, The New Golden Bough, p. 322.  http://www.
Suggested Web Resources
- Osiris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Osiris is at times considered the oldest son of the Earth god Geb, and the sky .. the body of Osiris/Wesir drifted ashore after having been drowned in the Nile.
- Osiris, Anhur, Onuris, Wesir
- 'He Who Brings the Distant One'. Ancient god of war and hunting whose origin is This in Upper Egypt, near Abydos.
- Osiris - Wesir - YouTube
- Jul 26, 2010 This video is about Osiris, whose Egyptian name is Wesir.
- Osiris/Wesir | RM.com ®
- Osiris, Wesir, Ausar, Usir, meaning "place of the eye". Also Wennefer which means "the eternally good being" or...
Related searcheskaghan valley
passacaglia modern examples
ocean current atlantic ocean
laxative hyperosmotic agents
anime target audience
philosophy of education rousseau