Ptah, Peteh, 'South of His Wall', 'The Ancient One', worshipped in Mennefer (Gr: Memphis) already in the early dynastic period, probably at first as the local patron of craftsmanship, his High Priest in Mennefer was titled 'Greatest of the controllers of craftsmen', showing the importance and status that craftsmen held at the time. He was depicted in mummiform, only his hands reaching forward, wearing a tight-fitting cap and carrying a combined was- and djed-pillar scepter. The Pyramid Texts mention him as a creator god and already in the Old Kingdom the priesthood in Mennefer created a theology aimed at defining Peteh as the creative impulse behind the universe, accepting the other creator gods but placing them as forms of Peteh. On the Shabaka Stone (c. 700 BC) he is altogether identified as eight primitive forms of God; the first is 'Peteh who is upon the great (i.e. primeval) place', meaning the original spirit. Then Peteh-Niu - the waters 'who was the father of Atum', next is Peteh-Naunet - 'the Primeval Mother who gave birth to Atum. Then 'Peteh the very great one who is the heart and tongue of the Divine Compay'. Unfortunately several of the names have been lost to us, except Nefertum, the lotus. In the Coffin Texts and in the 19th Dynasty he was associated with the early earth god of Mennefer, Ta-tenen, 'The Land Which Has Become Distinguishable', meaning distinguishable from the primeval waters, i.e. the Primeval Mound. For the people he was 'the sculptor of the earth', with a likeness to Khnum who fashioned mankind on his potter´s wheel but he never gained a wide and unchallenged popularity, perhaps on account of his intellectual and not so colorful mythology. He was associated with Apis, the sacred fertility bull of Mennefer which was called his 'spokesman' and his 'glorious soul'. In the Late Period he was merged with the ancient Memphitian mortuary deity Sokar and through him also with Osiris, thus becoming a composite god; Peteh-Sokar-Osiris. The ancient Egyptians believed that the name of something held the essence of that being or thing. Instead of as in the Heliopolitan creation myth, where Atum creates the Ennead with his semen and his fingers, Peteh creates with his word; the thought originates in his heart and when it is formed and spoken by his tongue, the authority of his utterance cause all things come into being. The Ennead of Peteh is his teeth and lips, when he speaks, his essence transmits and causes gods and mankind to exist. The theology of Peteh suggests a synthesis of the mind and the material world, a well thought out theology, probably created in order to make Peteh take precedence over rivalling centres of worship, but intellectually advanced and fascinating even today.
Main center of worship:
at Mennefer/Memphis, 1 st Nome, Lower Egypt
The Serapeum at Saqqara, 1st Nome, Lower Egypt
Festivals: (exact dates not historically verified)
14th October - 28th Hethara - Festival of establishing Heru as
King, The appearance before Ptah
16th December - 1st Mechir - Day of Ptah lifting up his hands
6th January - 22nd Mechir - Feast of Ptah and Heru (Horus)
11th January - 27th Mechir - Feast of Sokar
15th March - 30th Parmutit - Offerings to Ra, Wasir, Heru,
Ptah, Sokar and Atum
12th July - 29th Mesore - Holiday in the Temple of Sokar,
Festival in the Estate of Ptah
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Bandwidth of Direct Products of Paths and Cycles - Hikari
- email@example.com, peteh@essex.
- Full Descriptions
- Nov 20, 2013 Peter Houlihan, Biology firstname.lastname@example.org ....
- rank properties of endomorphisms of infinite partially ordered sets
- path of minimum length from x to y and vice versa. We define ... where M is the minimum length of a path from x to y.
- The Use of RODOS System at the Slovenian Nuclear Safety
- Dušan Peteh, Barbara Vokal Nemec, Michel Cindro. Slovenian ... Dusan.
- Glutamine Phosphoribosylpyrophosphate Amidotransferase
- PETEH 13. Ron-of .4x1) .
Suggested Web Resources
- P'TAAH - Spiritweb.us
- In Egyptian mythology, Ptah (also spelt Peteh) was the deification of the primordial mound in the Ennead cosmogony, which was more literally referred to as ...
- puncture - Broken glass on the bicycle path, what to do? - Bicycles
- @PeteH Normally, it is just thrown down beer bottles and things of that size. ... Try to ride closer to the road side edge of the path if you feel safe ...
- How to procced when pedestrians ocupy the dedicated bike path?
- How I should face a pedestrian completely ignoring bike path bikes and .... edited Dec 10 '15 at 12:16. answered Dec 10 '15 at 12:04.
- Need help upgrading on a new server | Kayako Community Forums
- Need help upgrading on a new server. Discussion in 'Requests' started by Peteh, Jan 6, 2016. ...
- AVR, Eclipse and the Mac - Micromouse Online
- Mar 2, 2009 peteh says: ... Does your PATH variable include /usr/local/CrossPack-AVR/bin? From a ...
Related searchescentralized government
marillion christmas cds
all india moovendar munnani kazhagam