"Lady of the fertile land" and "lady of granaries", a deity of fertility and harvest but she was also a protector of linen, especially bandages, children and their nourishment. Mother of the grain god Nepri. She also gave each child a destiny and she attended the weighing of the hearts of men in the Hall of Judgment. The Greeks called her Thermutis. Her name consisted of two parts:`rnn´ - nourishment, and `wtt´ - snake, showing something of her character. People made offerings to her during harvest time and she was depicted either as a snake or a human with a snake´s head. In the Greco-Egyptian days she was often depicted as Isis with a snake´s head. Her main cult center was Faiyum in Lower Egypt.
Main center of worship:
The Faium area, Lower Egypt
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Warrior God
- Renenutet (Renenet, Ernutet, Termuthis), "She Who Rears", was a cobra goddess of nursing or rearing children, fertility and protector of the pharaoh.
- A Global Tarot Perpetual Egyptian Solar-Lunar Calendar (Kemetic
- Peteh. 7. Feb Rekeh Nejes A-hotep Phamenoth Newet Shewe.
- DIEUX EGYPTIENS
- RAT-TAUI ....................................... 34. RENENET........................................
- BULLETIN DE L'INSTITUT FRANÇAIS D'ARCHÉOLOGIE ORIENTALE
- [Sh]aï et Renenet ont été distingués l.°. Elle a déterminé .
Suggested Web Resources
- Ancient Egyptian Gods; Renenutet (Renenet)
- Renenutet (also known as Termuthis, Ernutet, Renenet) was a cobra goddess from the Delta area.
- Ra, Re, sungod, Renenutet
- On this page: Ra, Renenutet, Reshef,. Please note - Festival days are an estimation compiled from several sources.
Related searchesbrass band repertoire
avignon papacy summary
galactus the destroyer of worlds
dream symbol success