"Lady of the fertile land" and "lady of granaries", a deity of fertility and harvest but she was also a protector of linen, especially bandages, children and their nourishment. Mother of the grain god Nepri. She also gave each child a destiny and she attended the weighing of the hearts of men in the Hall of Judgment. The Greeks called her Thermutis. Her name consisted of two parts:`rnn´ - nourishment, and `wtt´ - snake, showing something of her character. People made offerings to her during harvest time and she was depicted either as a snake or a human with a snake´s head. In the Greco-Egyptian days she was often depicted as Isis with a snake´s head. Her main cult center was Faiyum in Lower Egypt.
Main center of worship:
The Faium area, Lower Egypt
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Warrior God
- Renenutet (Renenet, Ernutet, Termuthis), "She Who Rears", was a cobra goddess of nursing or rearing children, fertility and protector of the pharaoh.
- A Global Tarot Perpetual Egyptian Solar-Lunar Calendar (Kemetic
- Peteh. 7. Feb Rekeh Nejes A-hotep Phamenoth Newet Shewe.
- DIEUX EGYPTIENS
- RAT-TAUI ....................................... 34. RENENET........................................
- BULLETIN DE L'INSTITUT FRANÇAIS D'ARCHÉOLOGIE ORIENTALE
- [Sh]aï et Renenet ont été distingués l.°. Elle a déterminé .
Suggested Web Resources
- Ancient Egyptian Gods; Renenutet (Renenet)
- Renenutet (also known as Termuthis, Ernutet, Renenet) was a cobra goddess from the Delta area.
- Ra, Re, sungod, Renenutet
- On this page: Ra, Renenutet, Reshef,. Please note - Festival days are an estimation compiled from several sources.
Related searchesdennis rader movie
data mining definition
palawan people and culture
ripple tank reflection
geography of california mojave desert
dream interpretation dead