Goddess of writing and measurer of time, referred to as "she who is foremost in the house of books". She measured time and helped Pharaoh with laying out the ground plan of a new temple with a measuring cord, therefore she was also the "Lady of builders". Her most important function was to keep track of Pharaoh´s regnal years and jubilees. She also supervised the booty and tributes from foreign lands and military expeditions. She was shown as a woman wearing a panther skin robe, holding a pen, a palette and a tally-stick and on her head she wore a seven-pointed star surmounted by either a bow or a crescent moon with two falcons feathers. Often she held a palm leaf in her hand. Considered to be the consort of Thoth (Djehuty).
No historical temples or priesthood is known for Seshat.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Seshat Collects MPI Traces
- Seshat Collects MPI Traces: Extended Abstract. Rolf Riesen⋆. Sandia National Laboratories rolf@sandia.
- Khemetic Daemonolatry Sigils
- 1 --- Temple of Thoth-Seshat; Khemetic Daemonolatry Sigils. Khemetic This file courtesy of S. Connolly , Temple of Thoth-Seshat, and Kenneth Betts.
- Scalable Collection of Large MPI Traces on Red Storm
- Introduction. Seshat. Experiments.
- Using Entity Life Cycles to find the data - Seshat
- Or how Entity Life Cycles can help define the data. Dagna Gaythorpe http://www. seshat.
- Installation mise en œuvre serveur Seshat
- Installation mise en œuvre serveur Seshat. Installation et mise en œuvre module Seshat juillet 2011. EOLE (http ://eole.
Suggested News Resources
- Seshat's Secret
- One unsolved mystery is the meaning of the emblem symbolizing Seshat, the sexy and mysterious goddess of wisdom, writing and measurement.
Suggested Web Resources
- Gods of Ancient Egypt: Seshat
- Ancient Egyptian Goddesses; Seshat goddess of reading, writing, arithmetic and architecture.
- Seshat - Crystalinks
- Seshat is the feminine consort/counterpart/wife/child of Thoth the Scribe, he who wrote the story/program of humanity's journey through time.
- Seshat, Female Scribe, Goddess of Writing Measurement...
- Jul 30, 2001 Seshat, Female Scribe, Goddess of Writing Measurement.
- Information on Seshat, the Name of Netjer associated with history and record keeping, from the Kemetic Orthodox perspective.
Related searchesdream interpretation revelation of god
dream dictionary reading
tent parts of a modern tent
british invasion the second invasion
tulsa race riot aftermath
dream dictionary iceberg