Goddess of writing and measurer of time, referred to as "she who is foremost in the house of books". She measured time and helped Pharaoh with laying out the ground plan of a new temple with a measuring cord, therefore she was also the "Lady of builders". Her most important function was to keep track of Pharaoh´s regnal years and jubilees. She also supervised the booty and tributes from foreign lands and military expeditions. She was shown as a woman wearing a panther skin robe, holding a pen, a palette and a tally-stick and on her head she wore a seven-pointed star surmounted by either a bow or a crescent moon with two falcons feathers. Often she held a palm leaf in her hand. Considered to be the consort of Thoth (Djehuty).
No historical temples or priesthood is known for Seshat.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Angry Black Girl: Radical Women of Color!' showcase at The Riverwest Public House
- I don't know if you are aware, but the women in the Milwaukee hip hop scene are seriously making noise and have been for some time now.
- Increasing Education Opportunities For Minorities In STEM
- I now work together with Sacred SISTAHS' president Dr. Tonia Causey-Bush and board member Ivonov McLeod, as well as McLeod's daughter, Akua, to organize and run a yearly event, The Sacred Sistahs, Inc. SESHAT (Seeking Excellence in Science, ...
- DC Entrepreneur Teaches Creative Tech Skills to Small Business Owners
- Seshat Walker uses tech savvy creativity to help budding entrepreneurs, “especially people who look like me and people who are underserved,” she told the AFRO, Sept. 14. In 2005, Walker founded The General Store, a D.
- Tennant Way paving, closures starting earlier than planned
- Eastbound Tennant Way will be closed between Seventh and 15th avenues Tuesday night from 7 p.m. to 7 a.
- Can Egyptians unite around their ancient history?
- While many ordinary women in ancient Egypt could read and write, and while the Goddess of writing is the female scribe Seshat, 33.6% of modern Egyptian women now are illiterate. While there were female pharaohs and powerful vizier – the right hand of ...
Related searcheslabour and solidarity party
scorpion geographical distribution
cardcaptor sakura clow cards
names of china tabgach
maryland professional sports teams