Shu is one of the Heliopolitan Ennead. He is the god of sunlight and air, first recorded in the Old Kingdom, where he was responsible for bringing Ra and the king to life every day. Over a millenium later, Akenaten was to continue this tradition, by commemorating Shu as dwelling in the sun’s disk.
Shu is one of the first two deities created by Atum, the sun-god of Heliopolis. The semen (or in an alternative tradition, the mucus sneezed by Atum from his nostrils) of Atum gave birth to Shu.
His wife, and also his twin sister, is Tefnut, the goddess of moisture.
Shu holds aloft the sky, and keeps separate his two children Geb the earth god, and Nut, the goddess of the sky.
In sacred art, Shu is shown in human form with an ostrich feather on his head, the hieroglyph of his name.
In the Underworld, Shu is dangerous, leading a band of torturers and executioners, whose slaughtering-block represents a great peril for the deceased. On the other hand, he is also a protection against the snake-god Apophis, and Shu’s spells can ward off the poisons of Apophis.
Shu belongs to the cosmic deities and as such no temples were dedicated to him. There seems to have been no priesthood serving solely Shu either.
A Chapelwas built to Shu, Atum, Tefnut, Re-Harakhte and the Theban triad at Tjeku/Pithom, 8th N, Lower Egypt, by Osorkon II (22nd Dyn.)
Festivals: (not historically verified)
30th August – 13th Paopi - Day of Satisfying the Hearts of the Ennead
14th May – 30th Payni - Tehuti (Thoth) appears with Shu to bring back Tefnut
2nd April – 18th Pachons - Day of Joy of the Ennead and crew of Ra
15th November – 30th Koiak - Ennead Feast in the House of Ra
2nd October – 16th Hethara - Day of the appearance of the eight Great Netjers (Primordials)
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 1 REPORT ON GUANTANAMO DETAINEES A Profile of 517
- 1. REPORT ON GUANTANAMO DETAINEES. A Profile of 517 Detainees through Analysis of Department of Defense Data.
- Why shut down the SHU? - California Prison Focus
- has recently closed its SHU. 2.
- Associated (Back-Shu) Points
- BL 29 (Central Spine). BL 30 (White Circle). Associated (Back-Shu) Points.
Suggested News Resources
- Freshmen at UB sent to SHU to ride out Irene
- Both schools are on Park Avenue, but SHU is at the northern end of the street, about 300 feet above sea level. Most of the UB campus is just a feet above the waves of Long Island Sound. SHU is in Fairfield, just over the Bridgeport line.
- TheSetonian.Com: SHU Prepares for Irene
- Police have charged a Seton Hall student for fabricating a sexual assault attack. The claim had drawn attention to safety concerns on campus. The Setonian reports that Seton Hall University is prepared for Hurricane Irene.
- Pelican Bay threatens hunger strikers
- 17, CDCR led several major media reporters on a rare tour of the Pelican Bay SHU. This shows a prisoner's shower sandals at the entrance to cell 206.
- SHUs under fire
- Concerns included the length of terms inmates serve in the SHU, living conditions and the “validation process” — the policy used to identify prison gang members, which can bring indefinite terms in the SHU.
- Real talk on three strikes
- by Richard Wembe Johnson This is the D corridor, where Richard Wembe Johnson lives – if you can call it living – in the Pelican Bay SHU. The California Department of Corrections hosted a few major media reporters Aug.
Suggested Web Resources
- Seton Hall University, New Jersey
- Seton Hall, only 14 miles from New York City, offers the opportunities and resources of a large university with the attention of a small college.
- shu uemura art of beauty | welcome
- We are delighted to welcome you to shu uemura's brand new Web site!
- Shu (Egyptian deity) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In Egyptian mythology, Shu (meaning emptiness and he who rises up) is one of the primordial gods, a personification of air, one of the Ennead of Heliopolis.
- Sushi House Unico
- Italian, Latin, and Japanese fusion cuisine. Includes a menu and business profile.
holy umbilical cord
mary dixon kies
mahjong strategy and tactics