Thoth, (Djehuty), the god who is said to have invented writing, the measuring of time, music, magic, art, medicine, mathematics and astronomy. In early times shown as an ibis, the sign of the 15th Lower Egyptian nome, so he might have originated there. His main cult center was later Hermopolis in Middle Egypt, where he assumed the shape of a baboon. He took over the role of the eight creator gods of Hermopolis and became a creator god himself.
He was considered the lord of the moon and in the late period he was called the "silver Aten". Another name was "lord of time" and "reckoner of years", his attributes being a writing palette or a palm leaf. He was the protector of scribes and was sometimes considered the tongue or heart of Re. He was also the protector of Osiris and as such he became the helper of the dead.
Main center of worship:
Khmun/Hermopolis/el-Ashmunein, 15th Nome, Upper Egypt
Nekheb/Eileityiaspolis/Elkab, 2nd Nome, Upper Egypt
Hermopolis Parva/Damanhur, 3rd Nome, Lower Egypt
Naukratis, 7th Nome, Lower Egypt
Bakh/Hermopolis/el-Baqlia, 15th Nome, Lower Egypt
Festivals: (exact dates not historically verified)
19th July - 1st Thuti - Feast of Thoth
6th August - 19th Thuti - Chief Festival of Thoth
20th August - 3rd Paopi - Tehuti(Thoth) orders the healing of
the eye of Heru (Horus)
23rd October - 7th Koiak - Ceremony of Djehuty (Thoth)
13th December - 28th Tybi - Day of Tehuti's taking the oath
14th December - 29th Tybi - Tehuti (Thoth) sends Bast and
Sekhmet to guide Egypt
24th January - 10th Pamenot - Day of Coming of Tehuti (Thoth)
3rd April - 19th Pachons - Day of the Counting of Tehuti(Thoth)
Who heard Ma´at
14th May - 30 Payni - Tehuti (Thoth) appears with Shu to bring
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Thoth 1 For other meanings of "Thoth", or of "Djehuti" and similar
- Djehuty is sometimes alternatively rendered as Jehuti, Tahuti, Tehuti, Zehuti, Techu, or Tetu. Thoth (also Thot or.
- Who is Djehuty?
- My recent channeling on love, marriage, and sexuality have been through Djehuty. Thoth is his name from the Greeks.
- Sky's Embrace
- Tahuti (Thoth, Djehuty) was the god of knowledge, writing, speech, and magick.
- Egyptian Writing Systems and Grammar
- Mar 2, 2009 first grammatically, such as in Thutmose's personal name, DHwtyms “Thoth [ Djehuty] is born”.
Suggested Web Resources
- Thoth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Djehuty is sometimes alternatively rendered as Jehuti, Tahuti, Tehuti, Zehuti, Techu, or Tetu.
- Thoth Gr: Djehuty
- Djehuty, GR: Thoth, is the god who is said to have invented writing, the measuring of time, music, magic, art, medicine, mathematics and astronomy.
- Welcome to Per-Djehuty
- Djehuty ancient egyptian god, information. (Djehuty • Thoth • Tehuti).
- Kemetic Gods: Djehuty (Thoth) - YouTube
- Aug 8, 2010 Dua Djehuty! Thoth, patron of scribes and writers, scientists and mathematicians, astronomers and engineers. Senebty!
Related searchescape evening capes
history of arizona
dream symbol tortoise
caliphs and kings
kent hovind biography
discrete hilbert transform