Basic Reiki Questions and Answers
What is Reiki?
Reiki is Universal life force energy. It is used through a form of hands-on healing that reduces tension and stress, thus promoting a healthier lifestyle and peace of mind. It is a non-denominational, non-religious but a deeply Spiritual experience that involves the practitioner transferring Reiki energy from the Source to you.
How does Reiki work?
Reiki energy is channeled through the practitioner. Energy goes to the needed location and continues until no more energy is needed during that treatment. Note: The practitioner is a channel for this energy. You can not absorb any negativity from the practitioner, nor will they receive any from you.
How long does a treatment last?
A Reiki session typically lasts about an hour, but the healing energy stays with you always.
Do you actually have to lay hands on me?
Reiki is energy and it can penetrate through wood, metal, cloth, you name it. If you are uncomfortable with the practitioner physically laying hands on you, they can hold their hands above your body and you may still receive the full benefits of a Reiki treatment.
Can anyone learn Reiki?
Since we all have this energy inside and around us, anyone may be attuned and able to practice Reiki on themselves or others.
How do I learn Reiki?
Classes are typically two and a half day intensive workshops in which you receive your First, Second and Master level attunements and learn:
- How to perform Reiki on yourself and others.
- How to do mental and emotional clearing.
- How to perform absentee healings.
- How to use and master the Reiki symbols.
- Everything you know to attune others to all levels of Reiki.
The Five Reiki Principles:
- Just for today, I will let go of my worry.
- Just for today, I will let go of my anger.
- Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
- Just for today, I will be kind to my neighbors and all living things.
- Just for today, I will be grateful for all that I have.
Suggested News Resources
- Community Calendar
- "The Reiki Way," 9 to 11 a.m. at the Groveland Town Hall, 183 Main St.
- News Briefs, 3/11/16
- The Barkin' Basement Thrift Store, 4050 S. White Mountain Road in Show Low, is celebrating St. Patrick's Day by putting all items with green dots on sale 25 percent off.
- Tutu's House
- INTRODUCTION TO ENERGY HEALING From 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. on Tuesday, March 15 with Joan Mauté, certified Usui/Holy Fire Karuna Reiki® Master Teacher.
- Hunterdon Hospice offering volunteer training
- Maybe you have a special skill to share, like the ability to perform Reiki or play an instrument. Or, have you served our country as a Veteran of the U.S.
- Finding Your Heart When You're Suffering
- The truth is, there isn't one answer to this complicated question. But, I'll share ... See an energy worker or Reiki practitioner.
Related searchesthuringia geography
depleted uranium armour plate
vanity fair plot
dream interpretation engine
mame front ends
http cookie cookie attributes