realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 15
|15:1||After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.|
|15:2||And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?|
|15:3||And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.|
|15:4||And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.|
|15:5||And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.|
|15:6||And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.|
|15:7||And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.|
|15:8||And he said, Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?|
|15:9||And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.|
|15:10||And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds divided he not.|
|15:11||And when the fowls came down upon the carcases, Abram drove them away.|
|15:12||And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.|
|15:13||And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;|
|15:14||And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.|
|15:15||And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.|
|15:16||But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.|
|15:17||And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.|
|15:18||In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:|
|15:19||The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,|
|15:20||And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,|
|15:21||And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.|
Suggested News Resources
- Why one donut of Arizona honors daylight-saving time
- Bible Museum: Some biblical artifacts at The Bible Museum in Goodyear date back 2,100 years and the museum's gems include fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls, a page from a Gutenberg Bible and original copies of the King James Bible from 1611.
- Museum & Gallery Listings for March 11-17
- Museum of Modern Art: 'Marcel Broodthaers: A Retrospective' (through May 15) The Belgian poet Marcel Broodthaers (1924-1976) supported himself for 40 years as a bookseller before deciding on a new career as an artist. .....
- Lou Engle Sees Another Jesus Movement Rising
- "Lou has pioneered for a whole generation the reality that we have to stop abortion," says Cindy Jacobs, co-founder of Generals International, a prayer-based organization that works to change lives and transform nations. "History will say ...
- Bruce Greenwood Boards CBS Military Drama 'Four Stars'
- Rodriguez; Ashley Zukerman is set as Danny, the son of Gen. Buckley; and Ana Cruz Kayne is ... Additionally, David Von Ancken (Code Black, Hell on Wheels, Tut) will take over for James Wan and direct the pilot.