realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 16
|16:1||Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar.|
|16:2||And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.|
|16:3||And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.|
|16:4||And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.|
|16:5||And Sarai said unto Abram, My wrong be upon thee: I have given my maid into thy bosom; and when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her eyes: the LORD judge between me and thee.|
|16:6||But Abram said unto Sarai, Behold, thy maid is in thy hand; do to her as it pleaseth thee. And when Sarai dealt hardly with her, she fled from her face.|
|16:7||And the angel of the LORD found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.|
|16:8||And he said, Hagar, Sarai's maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.|
|16:9||And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.|
|16:10||And the angel of the LORD said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.|
|16:11||And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.|
|16:12||And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.|
|16:13||And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?|
|16:14||Wherefore the well was called Beerlahairoi; behold, it is between Kadesh and Bered.|
|16:15||And Hagar bare Abram a son: and Abram called his son's name, which Hagar bare, Ishmael.|
|16:16||And Abram was fourscore and six years old, when Hagar bare Ishmael to Abram.|
Suggested News Resources
- How does the Bible explain dinosaurs?
- When the King James Authorized Version was written (in 1611), the famous British scientist, Dr.
- Museum & Gallery Listings for March 4-10
- Museums and galleries are in Manhattan unless otherwise noted. Full reviews of recent art shows: nytimes.com/art.
- Study Bible scholar Charles Ryrie dies
- Hawkins, now president of the SBC's GuideStone Financial Resources who served at First Baptist from 1993-97, said in comments to Baptist Press: "If ever there lived a man whose life was immersed in the Bible it was Charles Ryrie.
- FOR GOD AND COUNTRY
- Jerry Newcombe, D.Min., is a TV producer and the co-host of "Kennedy Classics.
- Bachmann on Muslim Migration: 'This Is A Planned Invasion' For The 'Purpose of
- The movement of Muslims, not a few of whom are radicalized, into Europe and the United States is a “planned invasion” for the “specific purpose of destroying Western Christendom,” said former House Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), who stressed that ...
Related searchesbank of montreal headquarters
treaty of berlin
robinson crusoe reception and sequels
gustavus hindman miller
mukti bahini origins
janis joplin criticism