realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 26
|26:1||And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.|
|26:2||And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:|
|26:3||Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;|
|26:4||And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;|
|26:5||Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.|
|26:6||And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:|
|26:7||And the men of the place asked him of his wife; and he said, She is my sister: for he feared to say, She is my wife; lest, said he, the men of the place should kill me for Rebekah; because she was fair to look upon.|
|26:8||And it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked out at a window, and saw, and, behold, Isaac was sporting with Rebekah his wife.|
|26:9||And Abimelech called Isaac, and said, Behold, of a surety she is thy wife: and how saidst thou, She is my sister? And Isaac said unto him, Because I said, Lest I die for her.|
|26:10||And Abimelech said, What is this thou hast done unto us? one of the people might lightly have lien with thy wife, and thou shouldest have brought guiltiness upon us.|
|26:11||And Abimelech charged all his people, saying, He that toucheth this man or his wife shall surely be put to death.|
|26:12||Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.|
|26:13||And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:|
|26:14||For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.|
|26:15||For all the wells which his father's servants had digged in the days of Abraham his father, the Philistines had stopped them, and filled them with earth.|
|26:16||And Abimelech said unto Isaac, Go from us; for thou art much mightier than we.|
|26:17||And Isaac departed thence, and pitched his tent in the valley of Gerar, and dwelt there.|
|26:18||And Isaac digged again the wells of water, which they had digged in the days of Abraham his father; for the Philistines had stopped them after the death of Abraham: and he called their names after the names by which his father had called them.|
|26:19||And Isaac's servants digged in the valley, and found there a well of springing water.|
|26:20||And the herdmen of Gerar did strive with Isaac's herdmen, saying, The water is ours: and he called the name of the well Esek; because they strove with him.|
|26:21||And they digged another well, and strove for that also: and he called the name of it Sitnah.|
|26:22||And he removed from thence, and digged another well; and for that they strove not: and he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said, For now the LORD hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land.|
|26:23||And he went up from thence to Beersheba.|
|26:24||And the LORD appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake.|
|26:25||And he builded an altar there, and called upon the name of the LORD, and pitched his tent there: and there Isaac's servants digged a well.|
|26:26||Then Abimelech went to him from Gerar, and Ahuzzath one of his friends, and Phichol the chief captain of his army.|
|26:27||And Isaac said unto them, Wherefore come ye to me, seeing ye hate me, and have sent me away from you?|
|26:28||And they said, We saw certainly that the LORD was with thee: and we said, Let there be now an oath betwixt us, even betwixt us and thee, and let us make a covenant with thee;|
|26:29||That thou wilt do us no hurt, as we have not touched thee, and as we have done unto thee nothing but good, and have sent thee away in peace: thou art now the blessed of the LORD.|
|26:30||And he made them a feast, and they did eat and drink.|
|26:31||And they rose up betimes in the morning, and sware one to another: and Isaac sent them away, and they departed from him in peace.|
|26:32||And it came to pass the same day, that Isaac's servants came, and told him concerning the well which they had digged, and said unto him, We have found water.|
|26:33||And he called it Shebah: therefore the name of the city is Beersheba unto this day.|
|26:34||And Esau was forty years old when he took to wife Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Bashemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite:|
|26:35||Which were a grief of mind unto Isaac and to Rebekah.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Bible (King James Version) excerpts from Genesis
- Some quotes from the Bible concerning the relationship between man and animals. The Bible (King James Version) - Genesis. Chapter 1: 19.
- The Holy Bible
- King James Version .. Search The Holy Bible Online at www. ..
- IN GOD'S IMAGE
- (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, King James Version). And the Now read both stories in you own Bible (in Genesis 1 and Genesis 2). As you do ..
- This is only a sample
- To feed both young and seasoned saint the chapters and tables are the reader a better understanding of the King James Bible, its mystery .. Skip ahead and skim chapter 26. .
- and the Bookof Abraham
- ment, Joshua Seixas, appeared on January 26, 1836. It was during Genesis chapter by chapter. That Joseph the King.
Suggested News Resources
- Abuse, not use, of alcohol is condemned in scripture
- Genesis 9:20-26 - Noah became drunk; the result was immorality and family trouble. Leviticus 10:9-11 - God commanded priests not to drink so that they could tell the difference between the holy and the unholy.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Holy Bible - Genesis Chapter 26 (King James Version) - YouTube
- Jul 27, 2010 Genesis Chapter 26: 1And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham.
- Genesis 1 NIV - The Beginning In the beginning God - Bible Gateway
- Enter the Bible passage (e.g., John 3:16), keyword (e.
- GENESIS CHAPTER 1
- 1 day ago The book of Genesis chapter 1 from the King James Bible Online.
Related searchesxanadu house history
operation market garden german forces
rob liefeld artistic criticism
mayan god dictionary