realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 32
|32:1||And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.|
|32:2||And when Jacob saw them, he said, This is God's host: and he called the name of that place Mahanaim.|
|32:3||And Jacob sent messengers before him to Esau his brother unto the land of Seir, the country of Edom.|
|32:4||And he commanded them, saying, Thus shall ye speak unto my lord Esau; Thy servant Jacob saith thus, I have sojourned with Laban, and stayed there until now:|
|32:5||And I have oxen, and asses, flocks, and menservants, and womenservants: and I have sent to tell my lord, that I may find grace in thy sight.|
|32:6||And the messengers returned to Jacob, saying, We came to thy brother Esau, and also he cometh to meet thee, and four hundred men with him.|
|32:7||Then Jacob was greatly afraid and distressed: and he divided the people that was with him, and the flocks, and herds, and the camels, into two bands;|
|32:8||And said, If Esau come to the one company, and smite it, then the other company which is left shall escape.|
|32:9||And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:|
|32:10||I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast showed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands.|
|32:11||Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, and the mother with the children.|
|32:12||And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.|
|32:13||And he lodged there that same night; and took of that which came to his hand a present for Esau his brother;|
|32:14||Two hundred she goats, and twenty he goats, two hundred ewes, and twenty rams,|
|32:15||Thirty milch camels with their colts, forty kine, and ten bulls, twenty she asses, and ten foals.|
|32:16||And he delivered them into the hand of his servants, every drove by themselves; and said unto his servants, Pass over before me, and put a space betwixt drove and drove.|
|32:17||And he commanded the foremost, saying, When Esau my brother meeteth thee, and asketh thee, saying, Whose art thou? and whither goest thou? and whose are these before thee?|
|32:18||Then thou shalt say, They be thy servant Jacob's; it is a present sent unto my lord Esau: and, behold, also he is behind us.|
|32:19||And so commanded he the second, and the third, and all that followed the droves, saying, On this manner shall ye speak unto Esau, when ye find him.|
|32:20||And say ye moreover, Behold, thy servant Jacob is behind us. For he said, I will appease him with the present that goeth before me, and afterward I will see his face; peradventure he will accept of me.|
|32:21||So went the present over before him: and himself lodged that night in the company.|
|32:22||And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok.|
|32:23||And he took them, and sent them over the brook, and sent over that he had.|
|32:24||And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.|
|32:25||And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.|
|32:26||And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.|
|32:27||And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.|
|32:28||And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.|
|32:29||And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.|
|32:30||And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.|
|32:31||And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.|
|32:32||Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- and the Bookof Abraham
- Genesis chapter by chapter. That Joseph James Bible because it is a remarkably literal translation of' the Hebrew.8 In the King James version, Genesis 1:6 reads: And God .
- The Complete Book of Bible Trivia
- Unless otherwise indicated, Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, King James. Version. Scripture Chapter 1, Verse 1.
- The King James Bible
- Preface. I did not intend to write a book on the King James Bible, not because I believe .. Joshua 24:32 confirms the bones of Joseph were brought ..
- How It All Began: Genesis 1-11
- A Guide to Good Bible Reading: A Personal Search for Verifiable Truth . . .
- Biblenotes The entire Holy Bible is summarized with easy-to-read
- Also The Holy Bible, King James Version (American Bible All verses and references are given in standard form of Book, Chapter: Verse -- as Abraham's Personal Covenant (contract) with God (Genesis 12, 15, 17) .
Suggested News Resources
- All Saints' Parish Church, Falmouth
- Barbara Jenkins read the first lesson, Genesis chapter 45 v 1-15. This tells of the reunion in Egypt of Joseph and his brothers. Part of Paul's letter to the Romans, chapter 11 v 1-2a and 29-32, was the New Testament lesson read by James Davies.
Suggested Web Resources
- GENESIS CHAPTER 32 - King James Bible Online
- Jan 6, 2011 The book of Genesis chapter 32 from the King James Bible Online.
- The Holy Bible - Genesis Chapter 32 (King James Version) - YouTube
- Jul 27, 2010 Genesis Chapter 32: 1And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.
- Genesis 32. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
- The Holy Bible: King James Version. Genesis 32. The Holy Bible: King James Version.
- Genesis Chapter 32 - King James Bible With Strong's Dictionary
- Genesis Chapter 32 - King James Bible With Strong.
Related searchesbranch davidian documentary films
r kelly music facts
slade history of the band
13th floor elevators tommy hall
feminist theory socialist feminism