realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 48
|48:1||And it came to pass after these things, that one told Joseph, Behold, thy father is sick: and he took with him his two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim.|
|48:2||And one told Jacob, and said, Behold, thy son Joseph cometh unto thee: and Israel strengthened himself, and sat upon the bed.|
|48:3||And Jacob said unto Joseph, God Almighty appeared unto me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and blessed me,|
|48:4||And said unto me, Behold, I will make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, and I will make of thee a multitude of people; and will give this land to thy seed after thee for an everlasting possession.|
|48:5||And now thy two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, which were born unto thee in the land of Egypt before I came unto thee into Egypt, are mine; as Reuben and Simeon, they shall be mine.|
|48:6||And thy issue, which thou begettest after them, shall be thine, and shall be called after the name of their brethren in their inheritance.|
|48:7||And as for me, when I came from Padan, Rachel died by me in the land of Canaan in the way, when yet there was but a little way to come unto Ephrath: and I buried her there in the way of Ephrath; the same is Bethlehem.|
|48:8||And Israel beheld Joseph's sons, and said, Who are these?|
|48:9||And Joseph said unto his father, They are my sons, whom God hath given me in this place. And he said, Bring them, I pray thee, unto me, and I will bless them.|
|48:10||Now the eyes of Israel were dim for age, so that he could not see. And he brought them near unto him; and he kissed them, and embraced them.|
|48:11||And Israel said unto Joseph, I had not thought to see thy face: and, lo, God hath showed me also thy seed.|
|48:12||And Joseph brought them out from between his knees, and he bowed himself with his face to the earth.|
|48:13||And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel's left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel's right hand, and brought them near unto him.|
|48:14||And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn.|
|48:15||And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day,|
|48:16||The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.|
|48:17||And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.|
|48:18||And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.|
|48:19||And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.|
|48:20||And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel bless, saying, God make thee as Ephraim and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh.|
|48:21||And Israel said unto Joseph, Behold, I die: but God shall be with you, and bring you again unto the land of your fathers.|
|48:22||Moreover I have given to thee one portion above thy brethren, which I took out of the hand of the Amorite with my sword and with my bow.|
Suggested News Resources
- Why one donut of Arizona honors daylight-saving time
- Bible Museum.
- Bible on Invocation of Angels & Saved Human Beings
- Genesis 48:14-16 And Israel stretched out his right hand and laid it upon the head of E'phraim, who was the younger, and his left hand upon the head of Manas'seh, crossing his hands, for Manas'seh was the first-born. And he .....
- On Your Mind for February 5 through Feb. 14
- Worried about those Bighorn sheep in Arizona? Don't you know that most animals in the wild live under constant stress, are almost always hungry and will die painful, violent and/or bloody deaths? It's all part of God's intelligent and benevolent design.
- St. Alphonsus de Liguori: Mary-Worshiper & Idolater?
- Many Catholics, including ranking members of the curia and, at least to some extent, Pope John Paul II, have taken “Mary Worship” to levels that exceed any blasphemy observed so far in this chapter. Some of the ...
- Georgia's oldest Death Row inmate Brandon Astor Jones is executed by lethal
- Brandon Astor Jones was sentenced to death after he was convicted of killing a shop manager during a robbery. He received the lethal injection at 12.46am on Wednesday at the state prison in Jackson.