realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 6
|6:1||Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.|
|6:2||Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.|
|6:3||But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:|
|6:4||That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.|
|6:5||And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.|
|6:6||But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.|
|6:7||But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.|
|6:8||Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.|
|6:9||After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.|
|6:10||Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.|
|6:11||Give us this day our daily bread.|
|6:12||And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.|
|6:13||And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.|
|6:14||For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:|
|6:15||But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.|
|6:16||Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.|
|6:17||But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;|
|6:18||That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.|
|6:19||Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:|
|6:20||But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:|
|6:21||For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.|
|6:22||The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.|
|6:23||But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!|
|6:24||No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.|
|6:25||Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?|
|6:26||Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?|
|6:27||Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?|
|6:28||And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:|
|6:29||And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.|
|6:30||Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?|
|6:31||Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?|
|6:32||(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.|
|6:33||But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.|
|6:34||Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE PREACHER'S OUTLINE & SERMON BIBLE®
- (CHAPTER 6:5-24). THE. PREACHER'S.
- THE LATIN LEGACY
- Prayer,” Matthew, Chapter 6, Verses 9-13, in Latin (Document 2) and the. English version from the King James Bible (Document 3).
- How to Cite the Bible
- Example: The King James Version of the Bible was first published in 1611. Example: The New A period, not a colon, separates chapter and verse. Guide #13: 6/30/2011 (BLM) Example: Matthew is the first book of the New Testament.
- The connection between Sarah Winchester and Francis Bacon is
- Chapter 6. The King James Bible. 61.
- August 2011 All Saints' Cottenham
- Contrasting Bible translations—Matthew chapter 6 verses 7 to 13. King James Version.
Suggested News Resources
- 2010-2011 Year in Review
- The exhibit “400 Years of the King James Bible” opens at the Quayle Bible Collection. • Elizabeth Ann Sanders, associate professor and director of continuing education, is named the recipient of the 2010 M.
Suggested Web Resources
- Matthew, Chapter 6 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers
- Chapter 6. 1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
- Matthew 6 NKJV - Do Good to Please God “Take heed that - Bible
- Enter the Bible passage (e.g., John 3:16), keyword (e.
- Matthew - Chapter 6 : King James Bible Trust
- Watch King James Bible Trust Videos on YouTube.
- MATTHEW CHAPTER 6 - King James Bible Online
- May 6, 2011 The book of Matthew chapter 6 from the King James Bible Online.
Related searchesmotivation physiological needs
teen titans animated series villains
refugees international advocacy
ishopanishad practical implications
list of mnemonics science and math