realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 16
|16:1||And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.|
|16:2||And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.|
|16:3||Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.|
|16:4||I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.|
|16:5||So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?|
|16:6||And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.|
|16:7||Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.|
|16:8||And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.|
|16:9||And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.|
|16:10||He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.|
|16:11||If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?|
|16:12||And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?|
|16:13||No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.|
|16:14||And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.|
|16:15||And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.|
|16:16||The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.|
|16:17||And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.|
|16:18||Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.|
|16:19||There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:|
|16:20||And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,|
|16:21||And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.|
|16:22||And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;|
|16:23||And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.|
|16:24||And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.|
|16:25||But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.|
|16:26||And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.|
|16:27||Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:|
|16:28||For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.|
|16:29||Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.|
|16:30||And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.|
|16:31||And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Analysis Of Bible Difficulties
- translations like the New American Standard Bible and the New King James Version .
- Biblenotes The entire Holy Bible is summarized with easy-to-read
- Also The Holy Bible, King James Version (American Bible. Society . o Luke 23 o John 19.
- Rich Man and Lazarus.qxd
- and as it is recorded in Luke 16 in the. King James the King James Bible, Luke 16: 19-31. As we read ..
- Serious Omissions in the NIV Bible - King James Video Ministries
- the King James Version representing the preserved Luke 8:12. "If any man shall take away from the words..." Revelation 22:19 .
- Missing King James Bibles Mystery
- Missing King James Bibles. Mystery. Chapter One.
Suggested News Resources
- AGO CHAPTER NEWS [American Organist, The]
- In April, the chapter sponsored a showing of the 192 7 silent film King of Kings, accompanied by organist David Briggs. This event was hosted by the Cathedral Church of St. Luke in downtown Orlando (Canon Ben Lane, director of music).
- Aug. 9: Continuing Education Courses
- TRAUMA CONTINUUM OF CARE, 12 hours MONA; 1 to 5 pm first day, 8 am to noon second and third day, Big Cedar Lodge, 612 Devil's Pool Road, Ridgedale, Mo.; Sponsored by Saint Luke's, Barnes Jewish and CoxHealth.
Suggested Web Resources
- Bible (King James)/Luke - Wikisource
- 15 Matthew and Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called Zelotes,.
- Luke 16 NIV - The Parable of the Shrewd Manager Jesus - Bible
- Enter the Bible passage (e.g., John 3:16), keyword (e.
- LUKE CHAPTER 16 - King James Bible Online
- Jun 21, 2011 The book of Luke chapter 16 from the King James Bible Online.
Related searchesgeological surveyor
zubayr ibn al-awwam
mortar weapon history
tampa florida sister cities
arse modern semantics