realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 24
|24:1||Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.|
|24:2||And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.|
|24:3||And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.|
|24:4||And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:|
|24:5||And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?|
|24:6||He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,|
|24:7||Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.|
|24:8||And they remembered his words,|
|24:9||And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.|
|24:10||It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.|
|24:11||And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not.|
|24:12||Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.|
|24:13||And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.|
|24:14||And they talked together of all these things which had happened.|
|24:15||And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.|
|24:16||But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.|
|24:17||And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?|
|24:18||And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?|
|24:19||And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:|
|24:20||And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.|
|24:21||But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.|
|24:22||Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;|
|24:23||And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.|
|24:24||And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.|
|24:25||Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:|
|24:26||Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?|
|24:27||And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.|
|24:28||And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.|
|24:29||But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.|
|24:30||And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.|
|24:31||And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.|
|24:32||And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?|
|24:33||And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,|
|24:34||Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.|
|24:35||And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.|
|24:36||And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.|
|24:37||But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.|
|24:38||And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?|
|24:39||Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.|
|24:40||And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet.|
|24:41||And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?|
|24:42||And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.|
|24:43||And he took it, and did eat before them.|
|24:44||And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.|
|24:45||Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,|
|24:46||And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:|
|24:47||And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.|
|24:48||And ye are witnesses of these things.|
|24:49||And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.|
|24:50||And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.|
|24:51||And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.|
|24:52||And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:|
|24:53||And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Biblenotes The entire Holy Bible is summarized with easy-to-read
- Also The Holy Bible, King James Version (American Bible. Society, New York . o Luke 24 o John 20.
- WHERE IS THE KINGDOM?
- the King James Bible, Luke 17:20-21 reads as follows. “ And when He was .
- Serious Omissions in the NIV Bible - King James Video Ministries
- corruption in modern Bible versions and evidence for the King James Version representing the preserved . "Answers", a complete 1250 page handbook of 271 chapters on a wide range of . 14:33; 28:9,17; Luke 24:52; and John 9:38.
- Missing King James Bibles Mystery
- Missing King James Bibles. Mystery. Chapter One.
- Luke the Historian: The Gospel of Luke
- Guide to Good Bible Reading: A Personal Search for Verifiable Truth . . .
Suggested News Resources
- Production On 'The Wolverine' May Be Bumped To Spring 2012 So Hugh Jackman Can
- By Kevin Jagernauth on August 24, 2011 I hope Bettany is Javert.. He's an excellent, unerrated actor who has made some unfortunate film choices recently. By Luke on August 24, 2011 after Aronofsky left i stopped caring about this.
- AGO CHAPTER NEWS [American Organist, The]
- In April, the chapter sponsored a showing of the 192 7 silent film King of Kings, accompanied by organist David Briggs. This event was hosted by the Cathedral Church of St. Luke in downtown Orlando (Canon Ben Lane, director of music).
- Aug. 9: Continuing Education Courses
- TRAUMA CONTINUUM OF CARE, 12 hours MONA; 1 to 5 pm first day, 8 am to noon second and third day, Big Cedar Lodge, 612 Devil's Pool Road, Ridgedale, Mo.; Sponsored by Saint Luke's, Barnes Jewish and CoxHealth.
Suggested Web Resources
- King James Version: Luke: Luke Chapter 24
- King James Version: Luke Chapter 24.
- LUKE CHAPTER 24 - King James Bible Online
- Feb 6, 2011 The book of Luke chapter 24 from the King James Bible Online.
- Luke, Chapter 24 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers® WebBible™
- Back to previous chapter Next chapter.
- Luke, from The holy Bible, King James version
- Luke, from The holy Bible, King James version 21 Luke, chapter 21; Chapter 22 Luke, chapter 22; Chapter 23 Luke, chapter 23; Chapter 24 Luke, chapter 24.
Related searchespersonality psychology trait theories
tiger physical characteristics
jackie chan adventures oni
bam iran history
battle of crete casualties
job biblical figure in islam
recessive gene examples