realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: John, Chapter 5
|5:1||After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.|
|5:2||Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.|
|5:3||In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.|
|5:4||For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.|
|5:5||And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.|
|5:6||When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?|
|5:7||The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.|
|5:8||Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.|
|5:9||And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.|
|5:10||The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.|
|5:11||He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.|
|5:12||Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?|
|5:13||And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.|
|5:14||Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.|
|5:15||The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.|
|5:16||And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.|
|5:17||But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.|
|5:18||Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.|
|5:19||Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.|
|5:20||For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that himself doeth: and he will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.|
|5:21||For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.|
|5:22||For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:|
|5:23||That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.|
|5:24||Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.|
|5:25||Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.|
|5:26||For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;|
|5:27||And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.|
|5:28||Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,|
|5:29||And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.|
|5:30||I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.|
|5:31||If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.|
|5:32||There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.|
|5:33||Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.|
|5:34||But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.|
|5:35||He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.|
|5:36||But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.|
|5:37||And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.|
|5:38||And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.|
|5:39||Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.|
|5:40||And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.|
|5:41||I receive not honour from men.|
|5:42||But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.|
|5:43||I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.|
|5:44||How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?|
|5:45||Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.|
|5:46||For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.|
|5:47||But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- John - Bible study commentary, notes, questions, and comments
- Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6 The true God of the Bible is one God, but con- (5) The context of John 1:1-3 shows that Jesus is eternal and created all things. .. King points out that the word for “comprehend” does not necessarily mean to .
- STEP ONE: 1 JOHN CHAPTER 5
- In your group read 1 John chapter 5 aloud. As a group discuss (King James Version). 1 Whoever and really, that isn't hard at all; (The Living Bible).
- The connection between Sarah Winchester and Francis Bacon is
- Chapter 5. The Rise of the Rosicrucians and Freemasons. 54.
- Bible Believer's Archaeology - Volume 1 SOURCES:
- Scripture taken from the New King James Version unless noted. The author and Book 18 Chapter 5 ( account of John the Baptist).
- THE FIRST LETTER OF JOHN
- 1 John is the. 62 th book of the Bible and has 5 chapters, 105 verses, and 2523 words. READ AND STUDY THE KING JAMES.
Suggested News Resources
- USC's King James Bible exhibit
- Producing the King James Bible ended a tumultuous chapter in England's history. Previously, those who translated the Bible into English had been officially labeled heretics and some were executed.
- Faith Matters
- 12 pm every Tuesday, City Church, 125 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Spend your lunch hour with a bible study on “Learning How to Manage Time God's Way” with Kathy Walters Burnsed.
- Beeston Village News & Events - we 5 August 2011
- Andrew read Psalm 23 from the King James Bible. Ron was born in Sandy and when he left school he worked as a grocery assistant at the Co-op before joining the army. In 1965 he married Effie and they had three children Pam, Tony and Roy.
- Submit information on Sept. 11 services
- The Society of St. John Chrysostom, Youngstown-Warren Chapter, will present “ From Convert to Deacon, My Journey in the Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic Church” at 7 pm Sept. 1 at Infant Jesus of Prague Byzantine Catholic Church, 7754 South Ave.
- Health happenings
- CHADD Tarrant County Support Group, sponsored by the North Texas chapter of CHADD, will meet 7-9 pm Aug. 26 in Room 206 of the Hills Church (formerly the Richland Hills Church of Christ), 6300 NE Loop 820, North Richland Hills.
Suggested Web Resources
- John, Chapter 5 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers® WebBible™
- Bible Study HOME Chapter 5. 1 After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to 33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
- 1 JOHN CHAPTER 5 - King James Bible Online
- The book of 1 John chapter 5 from the King James Bible Online.
- JOHN CHAPTER 5 - King James Bible Online
- Jul 31, 2011 The book of John chapter 5 from the King James Bible Online.
- JOHN CHAPTER 5 (1611 KING JAMES BIBLE)
- The book of John chapter 5 from the 1611 King James Bible Online.
Related searchessnowy mountains scheme
british army ranks and insignia
ebola economic impact
heat film plot summary
meaning of dreams about earthquakes