realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: John, Chapter 8
|8:1||Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.|
|8:2||And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.|
|8:3||And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,|
|8:4||They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.|
|8:5||Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?|
|8:6||This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.|
|8:7||So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.|
|8:8||And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.|
|8:9||And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.|
|8:10||When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?|
|8:11||She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.|
|8:12||Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.|
|8:13||The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.|
|8:14||Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.|
|8:15||Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.|
|8:16||And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.|
|8:17||It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.|
|8:18||I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.|
|8:19||Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.|
|8:20||These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.|
|8:21||Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.|
|8:22||Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.|
|8:23||And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.|
|8:24||I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.|
|8:25||Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.|
|8:26||I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.|
|8:27||They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.|
|8:28||Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.|
|8:29||And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.|
|8:30||As he spake these words, many believed on him.|
|8:31||Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;|
|8:32||And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.|
|8:33||They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?|
|8:34||Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.|
|8:35||And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.|
|8:36||If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.|
|8:37||I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.|
|8:38||I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.|
|8:39||They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.|
|8:40||But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.|
|8:41||Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.|
|8:42||Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.|
|8:43||Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.|
|8:44||Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.|
|8:45||And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.|
|8:46||Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?|
|8:47||He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.|
|8:48||Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?|
|8:49||Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.|
|8:50||And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.|
|8:51||Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.|
|8:52||Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.|
|8:53||Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?|
|8:54||Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:|
|8:55||Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.|
|8:56||Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.|
|8:57||Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?|
|8:58||Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.|
|8:59||Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Is the King James Version the best English translation
- Addendum (June 8): Bible John and notapadawan have "Defending the King James Bible". While I don't ..
- John - Bible study commentary, notes, questions, and comments
- Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9. Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12 Notes to the reader: I have chosen not to include the Bible text in these notes .. King points out that the word for “comprehend” does not necessarily mean to understand.
- The connection between Sarah Winchester and Francis Bacon is
- The King James Bible. 61. Chapter 7.
- Bible Believer's Archaeology - Volume 1 SOURCES:
- Scripture taken from the New King James Version unless noted.
- The 66 Books of the Bible
- Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1st + 2nd Peter, 1st + 2nd + 3rd John,. Jude, 8. Ruth (Est.
Suggested News Resources
- USC's King James Bible exhibit
- Producing the King James Bible ended a tumultuous chapter in England's history. Previously, those who translated the Bible into English had been officially labeled heretics and some were executed.
- John Wilson Reviews Timothy Larsen's Latest
- Even among the skeptics of 19th-century England, the Bible loomed large. A review of 'A People of One Book.
- Colne Valley district news
- Maureen Weaving was the pianist. The Rev Robin Townsend led the Holy Communion service at St James' Parish Church, assisted by Raymond Denton. The lessons for Romans, chapter 12, verses 1-8, Life in God's service, was read by Peter Gilbert.
- Faith Matters
- 12 pm every Tuesday, City Church, 125 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Spend your lunch hour with a bible study on “Learning How to Manage Time God's Way” with Kathy Walters Burnsed.
- Beeston Village News & Events - we 5 August 2011
- Andrew read Psalm 23 from the King James Bible. Ron was born in Sandy and when he left school he worked as a grocery assistant at the Co-op before joining the army. In 1965 he married Effie and they had three children Pam, Tony and Roy.
Suggested Web Resources
- .: John, Chapter 8 - Searchable Online King James Bible :. Biblical
- John, Chapter 8 - Searchable Online King James Bible - Searchable online King James Bible and related resources.
- John 8 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)
- Free Bible Software, Blue,Letter,Bible,Gospel,of,John,Chapter,8,KJV,King,James, Version,Jesus,went,unto,the,mount,of,Olives.
- John 8 NIV - but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. - Bible Gateway
- Enter the Bible passage (e.g., John 3:16), keyword (e.
- John, Chapter 8 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers® WebBible™
- Net King James Version Study Bible, Red-letter Edition Chapter 8. 1 Jesus went unto the Mount of Olives.
Related searchessuffrage types of suffrage
dream dictionary honesty
hinduism in sri lanka
alliance for peace and democracy
hot air balloon