realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: John, Chapter 17
|17:1||These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:|
|17:2||As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.|
|17:3||And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.|
|17:4||I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.|
|17:5||And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.|
|17:6||I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.|
|17:7||Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.|
|17:8||For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.|
|17:9||I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.|
|17:10||And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.|
|17:11||And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.|
|17:12||While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.|
|17:13||And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.|
|17:14||I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.|
|17:15||I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.|
|17:16||They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.|
|17:17||Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.|
|17:18||As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.|
|17:19||And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.|
|17:20||Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;|
|17:21||That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.|
|17:22||And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:|
|17:23||I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.|
|17:24||Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.|
|17:25||O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.|
|17:26||And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Bible Magazine, Volume 24 Issue Number 1 – The Amazing
- It formed the basis of the King James Bible & Victoria passed it to an empire THE GUNPOWDER PLOT: Background to the King James .. John chapter 17).
- newsletter - Saint Columba's United Reformed Church
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 17: Verses 20 & 21. '…That they may all be one ... That the world may believe…' We grew up quickly in the wartime years.
- John - Bible study commentary, notes, questions, and comments
- Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12 Chapter 16, Chapter 17, Chapter 18 Notes to the reader: I have chosen not to include the Bible text in these notes .. King points out that the word for “comprehend” does not necessarily mean to . Corinthians 5:7; James 2:14-26; John 3:15-18; 8:24; 20:30,31; Mark 16:15,16.
- Bible Believer's Archaeology - Volume 1 SOURCES:
- Scripture taken from the New King James Version unless noted.
- A Few Thoughts On John Ch 17
- (A few thoughts on John chapter 17, by Alister Hamilton, W Turner and Others) The King James Version follows the vast majority of Greek texts in the order of about 1000 to The Hebrew and Greek texts are taken from The Interlinear Bible .
Suggested News Resources
- Faith Matters
- 12 pm every Tuesday, City Church, 125 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Spend your lunch hour with a bible study on “Learning How to Manage Time God's Way” with Kathy Walters Burnsed.
- SCRIPTURE, TRADITION AND THE DEPOSIT OF FAITH - Victor E. Novak
- Scripture citations from: The Holy Bible, New King James Version; c. 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. c.
- Health happenings
- CHADD Tarrant County Support Group, sponsored by the North Texas chapter of CHADD, will meet 7-9 pm Aug. 26 in Room 206 of the Hills Church (formerly the Richland Hills Church of Christ), 6300 NE Loop 820, North Richland Hills.
- Plantz: Our everyday heroes deserve recognition
- Heroes where all around me when we started the Kansas City Chapter of the Leukemia Society of America, and if you look hard enough you'll find them too, perhaps in the mirror. I give your President John Adams' toast: Independence forever.
- What's Happening Today in the North Valley — Wednesday, August 17
- Story Time: 11 am Barnes & Noble, 2031 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, Chico.
Suggested Web Resources
- JOHN CHAPTER 17 - King James Bible Online
- Aug 2, 2011 The book of John chapter 17 from the King James Bible Online.
- John Chapter 17 Comments - King James Bible Online
- Comments on the book of John chapter 17 from the King James Bible Online.
- John, Chapter 17 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers® WebBible™
- The Holy Bible with cross-references and multiple translations.