realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 5
|5:1||But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,|
|5:2||And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it, at the apostles' feet.|
|5:3||But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?|
|5:4||Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.|
|5:5||And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.|
|5:6||And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.|
|5:7||And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.|
|5:8||And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.|
|5:9||Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.|
|5:10||Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.|
|5:11||And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.|
|5:12||And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.|
|5:13||And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.|
|5:14||And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)|
|5:15||Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.|
|5:16||There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.|
|5:17||Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation,|
|5:18||And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison.|
|5:19||But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,|
|5:20||Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.|
|5:21||And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought.|
|5:22||But when the officers came, and found them not in the prison, they returned, and told,|
|5:23||Saying, The prison truly found we shut with all safety, and the keepers standing without before the doors: but when we had opened, we found no man within.|
|5:24||Now when the high priest and the captain of the temple and the chief priests heard these things, they doubted of them whereunto this would grow.|
|5:25||Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people.|
|5:26||Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.|
|5:27||And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,|
|5:28||Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.|
|5:29||Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.|
|5:30||The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.|
|5:31||Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.|
|5:32||And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.|
|5:33||When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.|
|5:34||Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space;|
|5:35||And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men.|
|5:36||For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought.|
|5:37||After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.|
|5:38||And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:|
|5:39||But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.|
|5:40||And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.|
|5:41||And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.|
|5:42||And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.|
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Seven Infallible Proofs of the King James Bible's Inspiration
- As has been demonstrated in the previous chapters, all currently printed King James Bible, we hold in our hands the very “word of God, which liveth and things as 1 John 5:7 and Acts 8:37, which reproves their heresy of infant baptism.
- Bible Believer's Archaeology
- Unless otherwise indicated, Bible quotations are taken from. The Holy Bible, New King James Version. Page 33.
- Why King James Bible Version only? Are you in the right church Are
- powerful preaching of the Bible that will Why King James Bible Version only? in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
- 1 A Verse By Verse Multiple Translation Discipleship Program
- used for the King James Bible. Twelve Greek contains 5 chapters, 105 verses and 2482 words. died for us, and rose again (See Acts 20:20-21; Rom.
- Chapter 5 - Middletown Bible Church
- Chapter 5. The Problem of Pride. “that no ﬂesh should glory (boast) in His Presence” (1 Cor.
Suggested News Resources
- SPIRITUAL INQUIRY: God's law rules over man-made law
- In fact, part of the reason for the creation of the King James Bible was King James' dislike of the notes in the Geneva Bible that indicated it was right for the midwives to disobey Pharaoh and refrain from killing the little Hebrew baby boys.
- Church events & programs
- Adger Church of God: 7336 Johns Road, Adger, ongoing Bible study on the Book of Acts at 7 pm Along with the Bible, excerpts of “The Spirit Anointed Church: A Study of the Acts of the Apostles” by French Arrington will be explored. Call 205-568-4821.
- The order of prayer
- For more examples and further study, read the following verses: - Nehemiah 9:4-5, Luke 10:13, Ezra 9:5, Acts 20:36, Psalm 95:6 and Isaiah1:15. Please note that all Scripture quotations in this presentation are from the King James Version of the Bible.
- Faith Chronicles
- No Sunday Bible study in July or August. 250-592-4124, call for more info on Bible studies. Pastor_Lyons@yahoo.
Suggested Web Resources
- ACTS CHAPTER 5 - King James Bible Online
- Jun 22, 2011 The book of Acts chapter 5 from the King James Bible Online.
- Acts, Chapter 5 (King James Bible) - ChristianAnswers® WebBible™
- Chapter 5. 1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,.
gopi krishna and kundalini
cracking chemistry hydrocracking
closed bolt mixed mode weapons
stone staffordshire early history